Fridge fans and auto temp control (1 Viewer)

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
Hi All
Recently we were in Cornwall during the hot weather which was really nice; a down side of it was that the heat 26 -27 degrees Celsius was reducing the effectiveness of the fridge and freezer so I decided to install a couple of fans to reduce the heat build-up behind the fridge. As I am an engineer I firstly wanted to know what the temperature was behind the fridge in the middle of the day with an ambient of 25 degrees so as I have access to instrumentation I did a quick recording and after ten minutes the thermocouple settled out at 39 degrees Celsius just behind the top vent.
I got hold of a couple of fans which were the largest I could fit in and sourced a temperature switch from eBay (thermistor type) which could be set between -20 and 50 degrees. With a very little effort I made a frame for the fans fitted the switch and wired it through a 2 amp fuse and set the fans to come on at 30 degrees the result is minus 6 in the freezer and 4.5 degrees in the fridge at 26 degrees Celsius.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just curious.. why did you fit the fans off center ?

and how did you make such a professional looking frame.. ?

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
same question ref the frame from me as well!!

OP
OP
Inthezone

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Because I wanted to fit the largest fans into the space I had to fit them off centre to miss the top evaporation pipe, and the frame is 3D printed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back