Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie - thinking!
Morning, What does everyone use to stop everything falling out of the fridge when you open the door??? Been looking at refridgerator bars.. but the are from US & seem expensive for what they are.

Thanks for your help.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
PIZZA

Stand them up at the front of the shelf and they hold back the rest, and, and you can eat them.

Martin

Upvote 0

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
You just need to be a tad more thoughtful when packing/filling...
Heavier stuff to the bottom etc.. use the front lip of the shelves to wedge from front to rear of fridge... I make use of Lupak tub, bacon box and pre packed meats or other square stuff etc to prevent movement of other items.
Cold meats and boxed juice (laid down - front ro rear) sits nice on very top shelf against lip. I dont put things like tins, eggs or toms in fridge - not even in house. It's not often I open the door and anything falls out.

Oh!... and don't drive it like you stole it!.. :)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ramps under the wheels on the opposite side to the fridge.:D

Ours has plastic bits that slot into the shelves to stop stuff falling out but we don't use them as they restrict the shelf space. I've tried the expanding double plastic rod things dealers sell for the job, didn't get on with them either.
So now I just stand ready to catch whatever ever falls out when I open the door.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Best thing is to use some plastic tubs/baskets to hold stuff, you can put bottles/jars and small bits in and not have to try to 'wedge' them in place all the time ... it also means you can just lift the whole tub/basket out if you want to find something rather than trying to rummage around with the door open letting all the cool air escape, it makes it easier to when you get home and want to empty the fridge and if something spills you can easily wash the tub/basket rather than the whole ruddy fridge (been there, done that!!). Just measure the size of your shelves and go to your local Poundland or similar shop and see what's available.

Another option would be to cut down some of those very thin plastic chopping 'boards', that are about 1mm thick to provide a removable 'fence' at the front of the shelves and also the door pockets (we double stack stuff in the door to get more storage space when we only have 'short' containers etc ... whilst the pizza method works once we've eaten it we're stuffed (literally! :D ).

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Morning, What does everyone use to stop everything falling out of the fridge when you open the door??? Been looking at refridgerator bars.. but the are from US & seem expensive for what they are.

Thanks for your help.
Hi, I just make sure that I pack it in such a way that everything stays put. Can also add things that do not need to be in the fridge to help the load.(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie - thinking!
Thanks everyone...our thetford fridge doesn't have a lip on the shelves, so everything just toppled out so easily.. I think we'll fitting tubs may well be the answer.. many thanks x

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie - thinking!
do your shelves have a lip on the bottom?
I haven't actually got the vehicle yet. It's ex hire & we hired it for 4 days. We loved it so much decided to buy it. (having lots of checks done by people in the know today)... Everything else was just brilliant... Just the Fridge fallout... It could well be, that there is a lip on the shelves & they have been put in upsidedown or back to front.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back