Fridge cooling fans (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Intending to fit a couple of 120mm fans with a temp controller. I understand that it is better to fit these on the top vent to suck out the hot air. But I have not seen a definitive answer to if the two fans are just bolted to the inside of the existing vent cover, ie with air gaps all round them so hot air can escape either thro the fans or past the fans.

OR fitted into a custom built plate which only has a gap for the fan exhausts, then this is bolted to the back of the vent cover, ie all the hot air must go thro the fans.

Any thoughts ?

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Like so (y)

IMG_9766.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
There are various designs for the vents, of course, but having used computer server cooling fans on two different types of vent I found them to be more efficient mounted on the end of a short tube and not fixed directly to the vent. I decided that the air flow was reduced by the ribs when mounted directly to them.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have fitted fans to the top vents and a fan internally to circulate the air within our fridge wired to cheap Chinese electronic controllers.

Use the search box on the top right of this page for fridge fans and set the search for all forum and you will have enough reading on the subject to keep you going for a few hours.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have just a single 120mm fan in my top vent which seems adequate, controlled by a thermostatic controller with the sensor about midway up the back of the fridge. I have considered fitting a second one but that's as far as I've got.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back