DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I Have 3 X 120 Mm Fans Fitted To A Speed Controller And Fastened To The Top Grill To Pull The Hot Air Out, Which Is Supposed To Be The Best Way, The Freezer Now, Is More Like The fridge And The Fridge Does Nothing, But It Is 38° Down Here In Croatia.
Interesting. I didn't fit the fan behind the top grill as it is in a thick rear door and I felt a fan there would draw in air from the bottom grill and blow it straight out of the top grill missing the condenser, which is set back in our installation in a bit of a backwater.
We will just have to see how it performs in September!

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I Have Got Mine Fastened To A Piece Of Thin Ply Which Covers The Top Vent, Didn't Have Time Before We Left To Mount Behind The Vent/Grill. I Have Tried It On Slow,Medium,Fast With No difference. I Can Feel It Pulling Air Through The Bottom grill. We Don't Have A Problem With It Usually,, But Like I Said It Is Bloody Hot Here, Moving On A Day Early To Try And Find Somewhere A But cooler.

Reactions: DBK
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
25 deg the fans would be running continuously, I tried a 50 deg switch between the fans on the top grill fans ran continually even in temps of 15 deg.
That'll do no harm. My intention was that they'd switch off only when it was very cold weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just installing my fans now - looking to fit an inline fuse, but not sure which size/type to get
Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Robert

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@DBK Brought and fitted a couple of those fans and the temperature controller.
The Temperature controller is unbelievable value for money, I set the hysteresis to 5 deg so the fans don't constantly cut in and out, haven't set the on temp yet as the weather has turned so cold will wait a couple of weeks when we will be a few hundred miles south. The fans were a little bit of a disappointment, they are very quiet, a bit quieter than the ones I had in there, but don't appear to shift much more air and they were 4 times the price of the ones I replaced.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
@DBK Brought and fitted a couple of those fans and the temperature controller.
The Temperature controller is unbelievable value for money, I set the hysteresis to 5 deg so the fans don't constantly cut in and out, haven't set the on temp yet as the weather has turned so cold will wait a couple of weeks when we will be a few hundred miles south. The fans were a little bit of a disappointment, they are very quiet, a bit quieter than the ones I had in there, but don't appear to shift much more air and they were 4 times the price of the ones I replaced.
Yes, the fans lack "oomph" but given without them the airflow must be fairly slow I guess they will be an improvement, but it won't cost much to fit cheap ones if that is what has to be done! :)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I just had to knock one up to try :LOL:
I already had two fans in the cupboard.
I set it to on at 45 degrees and off at 40, used a magnifying glass and sunshine to push the temp up. Works spot on (y)
CA_09061516190668-X2.jpg

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
It does look the business in situ and works fine once you get your head round the "instructions"Fans from maplins,switch and backplates locally from Davan .
switch.jpg
fridge fans from maplin.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Since sorting out my burner fridge is now working fine in 35°.
Set up the temp controller on the way south.
Set the temp controller to 35° sensor is on a plate of aluminium between the fans, fans turn on when outside temp reaches 25°.

decameron07

Free Member
Feb 26, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
It does look the business in situ and works fine once you get your head round the "instructions"Fans from maplins,switch and backplates locally from Davan .
View attachment 74861 View attachment 74863

Hi Leftlegger

Got the same system as you but not yet fitted it. The controller does seem a bit complicated.

How did you wire it up and use the controller??

Much appreciated.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
Hi decameron07,I,ve made a diagram for you.It's not going to win any awards but hopefully it'll help.I used an inline fuse and connected to the liesure battery.If you use the maplin fans as I did then you'll find 3 wires coming off with no explanation.I used the middle and one of the outer wires by process of elimination to get the fans going in the right direction.Also I found that by connecting the fans directly to the plastic vent it would blow back so I made some alterations as per the other picture using a soldering iron to cut out the upstanding plastics.Hope this gives some ideas for you.cheers pete
cutaway plastics.jpg
from the front.jpg

20170604_114951.jpg
20170604_121628.jpg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Been experimenting with my fan here in Benidorm. The fridge evaporator struggles to frost when it gets warm. (about 30c and 17 at night) in the morning the right hand side is frosted but it soon disappears when you open the door a few times or put something warm in. It's just acting like a compressor fridge that's short of gas or partially blocked.
After a few days running the fan continuously and then not at all, I can confidently conclude it makes sod all difference. The liquid pipe is only just warm with the fan off, and cool with fan on.
I give up, it's just a really 5hit 'fridge'.

Can I ask Does your fridge evaporator frost up? I'm sure ours used to.

decameron07

Free Member
Feb 26, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Thanks Leftlegger. Did you work out the controller? With its HC, CP, LA, HA, PU and CA haven't got a clue as no instructions came with it and been trying to find online.

Steve

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
I must confess it was more by luck and squinting my eyes at the chinese manual that i set it to come on at 35c but i set it higher later as it was on continuously in spain.I found a youtube video that although in fahrenheight it shows how to set it up,starts after 3 minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back