LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I am parked near the coast in rather high winds and the van is bouncing about like Cork in the sea. I have ghe covers on the grills outside but the fridge has still blown out
1 is it using gas or is there a cut off.
2 is there any way of keeping it lit

Thank for advice I am thinking of moving the van to change the angle to the wind

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Turn your van, if you can, so that the vents for the fridge is on the sheltered side., or, as you should have other holes, through the floor below the back of the fridge, gaffer tape the lower outside vent, do not block the top vent cover(remove again when possible)! Good Luck!

PS. I always try and park nose into the strong wind, stops some of the rocking. :cold:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As others have said turn the van round. Best when running on gas just to fit the bottom vent cover, leave the top one off.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Turn the van round, if it’s still going out you have a problem!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Thanks for all suggestions, the grills are covered and on the wrong side to the wind. It has stayed lit now for ages .I just took the milk out and closed the fridge door . So not to loose cold .I will move to a more sheltered spot for tonight but I do love the wind and it seems to be calming now.
U am not going home just because of the blooming fridge .
If it comes to that I will put everything g in a bag on the bike rack its cold enough outside
:cold:

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Yes when the flame is out, the gas is shut off
I had visions of the van filling with gas as I could hear it clicking and it trying to relight it would go for a bit and then go out I was thinking if ghe van blew up ot would be really inconvenient I have just fitted a new turbo :xdoh::xrofl:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had visions of the van filling with gas as I could hear it clicking and it trying to relight it would go for a bit and then go out I was thinking if ghe van blew up ot would be really inconvenient I have just fitted a new turbo :xdoh::xrofl:
Gas should not be able to get into living area of the van from back of the fridge it should jus disperse through either the bottom vent or a drop out vent in the bottom🤔

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

If the worst should happen, stop worrying about the turbo, one of us will collect it as it will probably fit one of ours. Seems a shame to waste a nearly new turbo........? Lots of love, Ratbag! :xrofl:

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
If the worst should happen, stop worrying about the turbo, one of us will collect it as it will probably fit one of ours. Seems a shame to waste a nearly new turbo........? Lots of love, Ratbag! :xrofl:
If it did go bang you never know you may get free delivery if the explosion was big enough :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back