Fridge bleeping when on 12volt with engine running (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
fridge works on 240 and gas in my devon camper but on 12v it just beeps the fridge is a DomenticI Have looked for fuse in battery compartment all fuses that i know of seam good unless there is another one hidden away any help would be greatly accepted cheers Lawrence

OP
OP
Lawrence
Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
thanks for coming back to me would that be a an intelligent split charge unit or would that one be for splitting charge between batteries any idea what the relay looks like

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would expect it to be a standard 12v 30a automotive relay.
Split charge would be by another, identical, relay and independent of the fridge relay.
Both are usually close to the engine battery.

SPDT40P.jpg

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Might also be as simple as a poor connection or dislodged connector. We had a 12v warning beep come on every time we cornered in our Adria immediately after it had been in to have a solar system installed. Turned out that the power feed to the fridge had been inadvertently disturbed and this led to intermittent loss of power.

OP
OP
Lawrence
Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
Might also be as simple as a poor connection or dislodged connector. We had a 12v warning beep come on every time we cornered in our Adria immediately after it had been in to have a solar system installed. Turned out that the power feed to the fridge had been inadvertently disturbed and this led to intermittent loss of power.
thanks i will follow up on that cheers

OP
OP
Lawrence
Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
I would expect it to be a standard 12v 30a automotive relay.
Split charge would be by another, identical, relay and independent of the fridge relay.
Both are usually close to the engine battery.

View attachment 226219
thanks i have now found the relay thanks to your pic, i will get a replacement see how that works cheers

OP
OP
Lawrence
Sep 1, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2004
Thank you for your help it looks like it was a connection on the battery split charger relay all working well now, cheers Lawrence

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Ppj, thanks, this is exactly what makes this such a valuable resource as well as a great forum for a laugh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back