butters

Free Member
Mar 31, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We had full hook up this weekend and noticed that the fridge was not cooling. on the journey home i set it to 12V and it was working , any ideas why it wasn't working on hook up ? None of the switches has switched off.:whatthe:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
is it AES? 12 volt on AES only works when engine is running, and then at other times if "automatic" is selected the most efficient source is selected be that gas or electric. if 12volt was selected when parked up it will not work, - you need to select either automatic or electric or gas.

OP
OP
B

butters

Free Member
Mar 31, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
On hook up we switched to the hook up icon, as it wasn't getting cool i decided on the way home just to use 12V which worked. It makes me thing that there was something wrong with the hook up although all the lights etc. worked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Was your motor home level? our fridge will not work unless it is fairly level - we spent three weeks in france with the fridge working whilst in transit (battery) and then working on some sites and not others - we eventually worked out it was to do with the levelling. Always make sure we are as level as we can be now and no probs!

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Do you have your trip switch under the sink or anywhere where it can be easily knocked? I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. I checked the 240 supply was ok by runnng a light off it . It took me a couple of hours of checking various things when I decided to check the trip......lo and behold I had obviously knocked it when putting something away. Worth a look ::bigsmile:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
If it's a 3 way and the 240v function is not working you probably need a new 240v Element.
I had to fit one in my caravan a year or two back.
They cost around £28 and fitting them is straightforward enough (make sure the fridge is isolated from all electric power sources before you start), it's getting to the thing that can cause a problem.

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Fridge fault

We had full hook up this weekend and noticed that the fridge was not cooling. on the journey home i set it to 12V and it was working , any ideas why it wasn't working on hook up ? None of the switches has switched off.:whatthe:

We had the same problem with our fridge (Dometic) and when parked on our drive there is a slight slope.
The first time we tried on the drive the fridge would not cool down except on gas.
Returned to dealer who tested and said all OK, but mentioned if parked on a slope, which we had.
Levelled off the van and all OK. Not had a problem since.
Malc:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back