Fresh water tank emptied itself! (1 Viewer)

Renee

Free Member
Feb 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 604
Exp
Hi all. We're new to motorhoming and this forum. We have been in out Swift Escape for 2 weeks and when I turned on the truma heating and the power the fresh water tank suddenly started to empty and we couldn't stop it. I hadn't touched the solenoid switch so no idea how or why it happened. There was a weird error message on the truma panel but it disappeared! Any ideas or advice gratefully received!
Cheers

OP
OP
R

Renee

Free Member
Feb 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 604
Exp
We have been driving through a bit of snow today. It's not the coldest weather we've had but could be the problem. Do you know if this will fix itself? Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
As @grasscutter says. Probably an automatic dump valve, there to protect your boiler. It'll be just above where the water came out and will need to be reset. There's more than one type but, if you have a manual, it ought to tell you all about it.
I'm assuming that, when you turned the power on, the pump started to run and tried re-fill the boiler. Because the valve remains open until reset, all the (cold) water will be dumped, too.
Switch the pump off. Reset the dump valve and refill the water tank.
You can run your heating while you do that.

Upvote 0

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It with keep doing it unless you leave the boiler on in the cold weather. The trigger can be anything from 3 to 8 dogs above freezing. You can jam the valve but would risk a very expensive boiler replacement should it freeze and burst.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
On our Truma (2005) I tried overriding that dump valve by tying it up but it still trips when it gets cold enough about +4 I think.
Its a little plastic mushroom head, a bit like a golf tee and we have to pull it up to reset. I've extended mine with a piece of strong wire to make it easier to get to.
Best wishes

Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back