Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Just bought a 2010 swift escape 622, whilst pleased with the van the flo jet water pump makes a terrible racket. When the pump is working the noise can drown (no pun intended) out the telly. Is it a faulty pump or just a loud pump? I'm going to change it, there is a Fiamma pump described as "silent" anyone know if it's really silent.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could simply be that the pump is too 'secure' and is therefore what it is attached to is resonating the noise - try loosening the securing screws a bit and see if that helps.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'd have a look and see where it's mounted. It could be that someone else has replaced it, or modified it, and it's now amplifying the pump and making a greater noise than it should be :frowny:

Bit like placing your mobile phone on a works top or bedside cabinet and having it amplified :whatthe:

Could it be possible that you change it, only to find another is just as noisy? :whew:

Is it under any form of warranty? :wasntme:

Good luck and keep us posted :call:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
My 2012 Bessacarr (swift) is the same. Mounted to the side wall, very noisy but works fine.

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Thank you Minx and PP Bear, It is indeed screwed up tight against the bulkhead, I'll loosen it this morning and let you know how I get on.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
My 2009 Bessacarr E495 was the same, the pump had been mounted by Swift on an internal side panel under a seat which worked like a drum skin when running o_O the pump was very poor on delivery pressure also.
I remounted it on the floor and removed a number of the right angle bends in the system to improve the flow, eventually I had to change the pump for a more powerful one. We can use the shower now, old pump is kept as a spare. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I had the same.. Woman was always complaining but I just cocked a deaf 'un ;)
In the end it got that bad someone from the van next door asked if we had heard the road drill going during the night !!!

Bought a new pump
Fitted new pump
Finished the job and was walking away from the van, old pump in hand, when I thought to look at the old unit.
The three ( from memory ) screws holding the diaphragm assembly to the body of the pump were all loose !!
Tightened them back up, went back and refitted the thing and it was as quiet as a quiet thing :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back