Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Halling village rochester kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built autoquest 140
Exp
6 months I'm a newbie
help, I have a new problem every time we go away in our elddis autoquest 140.now the water to the sink is only intermittent. but seems ok at all the other points ie.bason shower,and wc does anyone have any idea.s as to why it would not work to the sink but be ok everywhere else.the dealer said they had never heard of this and was unable to surgest what was wrong or how we can fix it..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It may be a faulty micro switch at the tap if it has micro switches.

If unsure have a look under the tap....any tap....and see if it has a pair of thin wires hanging down.
if it has its got switches, if not its pressurised and could be a different fault.

My money is on switches.

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
Had an intermittent fault with our kitchen tap, took it apart, found one of the thin wires to the micro switch was broken under the cover. Soldered it, insulated it, tested it - job done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The switch is usually INSIDE the tap and the tap usually needs to be removed to access it.

How its removed will vary on tap make.

Never having had a microswitched tap i dont know for certain but i believe on some you remove the top cover and unscrew the centre screw to remove the tap handle then you can lift out the switch.

Other foreign taps have a removable Insert containing the switch and you replace the whole insert.

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am totally untechnical, but do like to diagnose where I can, I suspect micro switches like above

to test this turn on the tap that doesn't work, presuming it still doesn't work leave it on and turn on your bathroom tap, if both run then run perfectly the micro switch is almost certainly to blame

if it doesn't but the bathroom one does then it maybe an air lock or other issue

I cant help at all with how to fix it, I would be getting it done at my service centre, or more likely using the bathroom tap to get water :)

rereading my words it might still depend on whether your system is pressurised (y)

probably no use at all, but I like to try and help:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back