Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Currently on site in S Spain and hope to join the rally at Marjal on Monday. However the problem is:: On my control panel, my water gauge is bleeping and says the tank is 1/4 full :Doh: However when I put some water into the tank this afternoon it appeared to be full but the gauge is still bleeping etc. When I turn the kitchen tap on and continue to fill the tank it takes more water.:Eeek: So my Q is: is the tank 1/4 full and there is some problem filling the tank or is it full and my gauge is faulty. I'm sure there is an expert out there who can advise me on how to resolve this problem.:thumb:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Meant to say that I think the gauge may be at fault but how does it work?? Is it connected to a float or some other device in the tank.?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
usually the sensor is nothing more than 4 or more metal probes of differing lengths.

water and different resistances between the probes allows a varying amount of electric to pass between probes and translates to water level.........and is as reliable as taking a wild guess how much you have left.

if the audible warning is annoying you then you could disconnect the sensor wiring at the tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I would suggest that you locate the tank, take off the lid and see how much water is in it. If its full then the gauge is faulty (None of them are particularly accurate). If the tank is only a quarter full but the filler is blowing back as if it was full then there may be a blockage or airlock in the filler pipe to the tank or it may just be that the tap you are filling from is at such high pressure that the filler can't take it all.

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
many thanks

Sorted!!! There is a retd plumber here on site and after I had explained the problem he suggested that it was an airlock somewhere in the system. Lo and behold after I had disconnected the vent pipe and blown down it, it now works fine. Tank is 1/2 full and gauge shows this . Never too old to learn:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back