French version of 3 Internet with legs? (1 Viewer)

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
Please can anyone recommend a French version of 3 Internet with legs that we can use with our Mifi?

Not running out yet, but it looks like we will before the end of next week.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I'm sure you are aware but My Memory supply Three Sims 12GB currently £27.99 and they deliver pretty sharpish so you could order to be delivered to your French location, sorry I'm not know of any French equivalent I do know you have to provide your Passport even if buying a Sim only in a Shop in France.

Deleted User
Orange France do some deals 'sans engagement', sim only 'Pret a Surfer' €14.99 5Gb, lasts a month or there may be others.

It is possible to top up the '3' sim online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kitetraveller

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
Yes but if you need it, you need it.
The existing sim is not registered and I cannot see how to register it whilst using it in the Mifi as 3 want to send me a text to the SIM number.
If I can register it I can buy more data for it.

Deleted User
The existing sim is not registered and I cannot see how to register it whilst using it in the Mifi as 3 want to send me a text to the SIM number.

Only ever used mine in a mifi so can't help with that, I have used the French Orange sim in the past but I now have a Vodafone contract with a high data limit.

Whereabouts are you in France, I have a couple of 3 data sims and a couple of spare mifi units if you are anywhere near to S. Brittany/ La Baule.

HarryML

Free Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Miller Indiana
Exp
Hiya, my 3 legs sim ran outlast Monday, (I am in Brittany) like you it wasn’t registered. When it ran out 3 invited me to log on to their site and top up which I did. Email address, c card and address card was registered was all that was required. It worked, as others have mentioned Vodafone seems the way to go with their mega packages I will be changing to them when I get back especially for the limitations others have of a 19G limit and no more than 2 months in 4 allowed - I’m currently out of UK 9 weeks , another 3 to go and giffgaff have cancelled my roaming facility. Edit I ignored the telephone sms request.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to get texts sent to your mifi sim, download huawei's HiLink app to your phone and connect it following the prompts in the app. Sounds complicated, but in reality very simple. plus the app allows you to keep track of usage and you can change the network id and password

OP
OP
kitetraveller

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
Hiya, my 3 legs sim ran outlast Monday, (I am in Brittany) like you it wasn’t registered. When it ran out 3 invited me to log on to their site and top up which I did. Email address, c card and address card was registered was all that was required. It worked, as others have mentioned Vodafone seems the way to go with their mega packages I will be changing to them when I get back especially for the limitations others have of a 19G limit and no more than 2 months in 4 allowed - I’m currently out of UK 9 weeks , another 3 to go and giffgaff have cancelled my roaming facility. Edit I ignored the telephone sms request.
Many thanks Harry, gives us hope!

OP
OP
kitetraveller

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
to get texts sent to your mifi sim, download huawei's HiLink app to your phone and connect it following the prompts in the app. Sounds complicated, but in reality very simple. plus the app allows you to keep track of usage and you can change the network id and password
Thanks for the pointer, will have a look.

OP
OP
kitetraveller

kitetraveller

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay 2 bed
Exp
Getting there!
Only ever used mine in a mifi so can't help with that, I have used the French Orange sim in the past but I now have a Vodafone contract with a high data limit.

Whereabouts are you in France, I have a couple of 3 data sims and a couple of spare mifi units if you are anywhere near to S. Brittany/ La Baule.
Thank you, very kind offer!
We are house viewing in central Brittany, around Gouarec area.

There have been a couple of other suggestions that we will try, but thanks again for the offer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back