Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
abroad in September

With all of us cluttering up the Continent in September we should have a special sticker so that we can recognise each other.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
With all of us cluttering up the Continent in September we should have a special sticker so that we can recognise each other.

June, most of us have a yellow funster sticker in the window, well we have, if not make one and we will all know if your a funster:thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Me, arr Lass and t' dog booked on't 07:20Hrs crossing via t' tunnel Monday 3rd, first time heading for t' Dordogne but nowt booked - will they understand me ova theyre ? :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait & hopefully France will have the same affect on us that many of you have experienced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Yep we are going Dover - Calais on the 3rd September 12.05 sailing. Might see you on board you can buy us a coffee! Hope you have a good trip, we are only going for 2 weeks having had a long spell in Italy earlier in the year.

spongy

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Me, arr Lass and t' dog booked on't 07:20Hrs crossing via t' tunnel Monday 3rd, first time heading for t' Dordogne but nowt booked - will they understand me ova theyre ? :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait & hopefully France will have the same affect on us that many of you have experienced.

Is that a London accent I detect there?

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
trip - new

I always find when I'm in a new area that a trip to the Tourist Information Office is a good idea. Most towns have them and you can pick up loads of free leaflets, maps etc. showing you what there is to see and do.

They'll all speak English but I'm not sure about speaking Yorkshire.

Have fun - I know you will.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
On the DFDS 0600 in the morning to Dunkirk. Then a blast down to Brittany for a couple of weeks RnR :Cool:.

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Heading tunnel to Calais on 2nd.
Plan A is Normandy - Brittany then down to Dordogne across to that village left the way it was when Gerrys visited in the 1940's - back to tunnel
Plan B turn left and follow the Moselle river then back into France somewhere around the French Alps region - back to tunnel
Plan C - who knows.
Only destination is the Tunnel after 3 weeks.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
I hope you all have a good time! Envious ............Me, never.

OK that might be a big white lie!!

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005

Not hard to miss us - we're driving on the wrong side of the road:ROFLMAO:

We are planning to go 3rd or 4th and will decide where we are going when we get to Calais. Could be Dordogne or Cleremont-Ferrand or Annecy or a round trip thru all three.
Too late to use our Tesco vouchers so may take myFerrylink or DFDS.
(Have you noticed how DFDS are trying to confuse people online when you put in 'myferry' or 'myferrylink'?)

Mike and Annie:hug:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We just got back from the Northern part of France-
1 -The sun shone everyday :thumb:---i thought it had gone forever:ROFLMAO:

2- I cannot belive how many motorhomes there are driving around in France --mostly mid sized eurovans , not many U/K ones i spotted though.

3 - As you say on here--get a LoNG hook up lead and hose pipes--:thumb:

4-Booked into one small site (Les Bruyeres) and it was like going back in time---kids loved it :thumb:

5- Why can`t i get a discount on some sites if they display the Camping and Caravan club sign and i am a member?

6- Internet use--i found easiest just to pay £3 extra per day on my Vodaphone account and that covers all --the same as at home ,then hotspot the phone to anyone else that wants to share it , and it works everywhere.:thumb:
Saved charging another (mifi) gadget ,that i could not type sim code number into :Angry:

7- I like France and the French they seem polite and helpful--it is almost as if the country is still back in the 60`s in places, the pace of life is slower :thumb:

8- Now back in to the U/K----rain and abusive drivers and work----planning the next trip NOW:thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
5- Why can`t i get a discount on some sites if they display the Camping and Caravan club sign and i am a member?

Not sure about club discount, but we got some discount at a site for having a Camping Card International (Green Card), which we ordered from CCC for a fiver when we booked the ferry. It also made checking in easier in some places, as they have all your details on it.

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
We just got back from the Northern part of France-
1 -The sun shone everyday :thumb:---i thought it had gone forever:ROFLMAO:

2- I cannot belive how many motorhomes there are driving around in France --mostly mid sized eurovans , not many U/K ones i spotted though.

That's because August is the French holiday month. Did you notice in the towns how many small shops and businesses had signs in the window saying closed until end of August?

3 - As you say on here--get a LoNG hook up lead and hose pipes--:thumb:

4-Booked into one small site (Les Bruyeres) and it was like going back in time---kids loved it :thumb:

6- Internet use--i found easiest just to pay £3 extra per day on my Vodaphone account and that covers all --the same as at home ,then hotspot the phone to anyone else that wants to share it , and it works everywhere.:thumb:
Saved charging another (mifi) gadget ,that i could not type sim code number into :Angry:

7- I like France and the French they seem polite and helpful--it is almost as if the country is still back in the 60`s in places, the pace of life is slower :thumb:

It's one of the reasons we moved to France in 2009. If you try speaking a little French, even if just bonjour when asking for something in a shop, then most French people will be helpful and polite. What they hate is the stereotypical English man who speaks slowly and loudly in English and expects every one to understand him.

8- Now back in to the U/K----rain and abusive drivers and work----planning the next trip NOW:thumb:

Glad you had a good holiday
Dave

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Is that a London accent I detect there?

Veevee... eeh by gum lad tha knows nowt ard lad:Doh:....LONDON accent:Eeek:..thar be thrown in clink up north mentioning thar name !!!London!!!:Angry:..forbidden word:Doh:...... nar,... thar naw way close tis yarkshire tis sithie reet gud english awd lad speaking ...I bet when told lad and old lass gets on thar train to Calais thar be no faffing abart... told lass will be owt bait box with jam butties...two jar's of brown ale...a fart and 50 winks...and they will as fit as a fiddle...ready to drive off into into France :winky::winky::thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
An e munt ferget t'drive on't'right. An te tek 'is snap tin wi 'im te put 'is jam butty in.

Last edited:

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
We are going over with DFDS Dover - Calais on the 7th at 2.30 in the morning, and then going to where the sun is.:Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We are going over with DFDS Dover - Calais on the 7th at 2.30 in the morning, and then going to where the sun is.:Smile:

Don`t do it!

After months of dark cloud cover your skin will burn off with shock---stay here and keep cool--and wet :ROFLMAO:
The roads will be empty and no potholes---you will miss all the bumps --don`t go.
The gormet food will be too rich--stay here and eat fish and chips and Mc D.

I`m not jealous at all :cry:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Getting giddy now, one more night here in Norfolk and one at the Blackhorse site at Folkestone and then the chunnel about 10.00 am on Saturday.

First stop on Saturday will be the aire a Embry and then no idea.

Sure we have all our needs, two Calor lite----full, one empty le cube and adapters for both le cube, Portugese and Spanish bottles, cork screw and sun lotion.

Have we forgotten owt?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Getting giddy now, one more night here in Norfolk and one at the Blackhorse site at Folkestone and then the chunnel about 10.00 am on Saturday.

Sure we have all our needs, two Calor lite----full, one empty le cube and adapters for both le cube, Portugese and Spanish bottles, cork screw and sun lotion.

Have we forgotten owt?

Sounds perfect travelling kit to me :thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Ne'er mind rest er ya, where's all Yorkshire folk stayin? wi could av a reet good crack in't that there France an show em what a reet good time wi av up here.
Wi could celebrate all t'gold medals wi won at t'Olympics, fair proped up rest et country wi did.
Sorry I'm going barmy just excited about my holidays starting Sunday. Maybe see one or two of you in't Dordogne.:Cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Reminds me of an occassion in the Jura, where I was wandering around a busy and very cosmopolitan site in August. I am something of a linguistic dwarf and although I couldn't understant the passing chat I was working out which language it was. There was French, Flemish, German, some Spanish etc. Then a family passed me speaking very strangely, I couldn't even guess their nationality. Later found out they were Liverpudlian :ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Have we forgotten owt?

Could this be the Long range weather forecast..for France.....mid and south of France and tail end of it up north....for the next 6 months..is it true or false..heavy rain and thunderstorms expected from the 1st of September onwards..it said France has never known of weather like this that they are expecting ...OR where it is coming FROM...Mmmm:Eeek::Doh:.....I was just wondering :Doh: could it be the Todmorden Rain cloud:Eeek:...that's heading our way:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Could this be the Long range weather forecast..for France.....mid and south of France and tail end of it up north....for the next 6 months..is it true or false..heavy rain and thunderstorms expected from the 1st of September onwards..it said France has never known of weather like this that they are expecting ...OR where it is coming FROM...Mmmm:Eeek::Doh:.....I was just wondering :Doh: could it be the Todmorden Rain cloud:Eeek:...that's heading our way:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Nah cannot be as we have tied it to a big pine tree in Norfolk :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hope you tied it tight Alan

We are off via Brittany Ferries to Bilbao on 16th... then over Pyrenees to southern France - Languedoc and Provence. Will look out for you other funsters who aren't sure where you're going! Our WildAx is bright blue, so give us a wave.

Catherine

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Just want to know how much the Toll is from Boulogne to Abbeville on the A16? I've got a Tightarsed Brother-in-law following me in his Van & last night he proclaimed that he didn't want to pay any Tolls, but I've been advised that this is one worth paying.
Sorry if this info is on the site somewhere.

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Just want to know how much the Toll is from Boulogne to Abbeville on the A16? I've got a Tightarsed Brother-in-law following me in his Van & last night he proclaimed that he didn't want to pay any Tolls, but I've been advised that this is one worth paying.

If you google "cost of toll from Boulogne to Abbeville" various items come up. Watch the dates though as the one I spotted was 2010. Also haven't tried them but the AA and RAC route planner may calculate the cost of tolls for you. You and your brother in law could always meet up at an aire around Abbeville then you could chose your own routes!

Hope this helps.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Why pay the tolls?

Last November when we came down to Parc Verger we came via Abbeyville and Chartres and never paid a toll.

Our m/home is 7 metres and the roads were all great, never had a problem. :thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I want to stay overnight at Chartres so did you go via Rouen or the D915 towards Gournay en Bray?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back