Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
yossers missus here, as some of you may know we are planning a french trip for september. we are taking a recommended toll free route- calais-rouen=evreux=nevers-st pourcain sur sioule-clermont ferrand-narbonne and if we fancy and time permitting perpignan and maybe a peep into spain. anyone recommend nice towns with aires.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
YEP .... Balma Aire:welcome::sin::Cool::beer: ... not a super duper one , but free, with water and electricity and with big hugs when arriving ... and if the hostess feels like it a nice meal ....:RollEyes:
It is on your way between Toulouse and Narbonne !

It's up to you ....:whistle:

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
When you pass Clermont-Ferrand its worth a slight detour to Le Puy en Velay. Aire is just outside the campsite, you have to get the barrier unlocked by the campsite office. They are quite strict about 1 night only. Most interesting place if you haven't been.

S

stagman

Deleted User
yossers missus here, as some of you may know we are planning a french trip for september. we are taking a recommended toll free route- calais-rouen=evreux=nevers-st pourcain sur sioule-clermont ferrand-narbonne and if we fancy and time permitting perpignan and maybe a peep into spain. anyone recommend nice towns with aires.

Whatever you do don't miss Collioure not far from French Spanish borders give you more details later if you want .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It might be worth popping into Spain if only to fill up with cheaper diesel.

Also if you are a smoker Spain is a lot cheaper. Look for a Tabac

Have fun:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
YEP .... Balma Aire:welcome::sin::Cool::beer: ... not a super duper one , but free, with water and electricity and with big hugs when arriving ... and if the hostess feels like it a nice meal ....:RollEyes:
It is on your way between Toulouse and Narbonne !

It's up to you ....:whistle:

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

Sounds like the perfect Aire... The only way it could be improved if free French lessons were provided :winky::ROFLMAO:

Je commence à apprendre le français, c'est très difficile.

I am hoping to be down east of Bordeaux for a 3 month trip. Then again later in the year on my way down to Spain. Hopefully nothing cocks it up this year.

If I'm in France when you are Yosser we'll have to meet up for a beer or three :winky:::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
take note to avoid the low tunnels at Ruen, best pay the toll and go past tis not expencive for that short stretch. Souillac is on your route, great free aire and a fabulous town, with a museum of autometa (mechanised puppets) that is almost opposite the Aire in the area used as a market. Buchy also along the route with a supurb antiques market and excellent free aire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You could even try to get to my place together!!!!:winky:

Non stop French courses if you feel like it ::bigsmile:...

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Thanks Frankie ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I have just looked to see where you are. Am I right in thinking you are just east of Toulouse? If so I will be near you at some point visiting a good friend there. He lives in the Flats next to the football stadium in Toulouse itself.

I will be going there for about 2 weeks after I visit my friends at Libourne.

Looks like it is going to be a very very busy trip for me ::bigsmile:. I hope I make more progress on my French this time as all my French friends seem to want to use my visits as an opportunity to practice their English :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back