French/Swiss speed cameras. (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
What satnav systems, via Apple App do you have that warn you of the speed camera areas in France and Switzerland.
I currently use NAVIGON App which I like and have the lorry/camper version, but have been informed by them that they are going to stop this App and no longer update the maps. So I need a replacement App for my iPad. I hear good things about copilot, but this does not warn of speed cameras which is a service I want.

Thanks
Andy

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Believe sat navs with speed camera pre-alert are now illegal in France hence the reason suppliers are dropping this functionality.
You don't have to be using it just has to have the capability for you to be fined.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have found France has large signs warning of speed checks, usually with 2 km's of sign so YOU WILL HAVE BEEN WARNED.
I use my Sat-Nav set to km's so I know my speed

speed.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Our Garmin changed their warnings some years ago from the point of the speed camera to a general you are in a safety zone area. When loading the file from Garmin it tells you of this. Far more of a problem are random sites. Many villages now have 30kph in the centre. Almost all on the way in and out have graduated speed reduction limits, so you go from the national, to 70kph, then get the town sign indicating 50kph normally. We saw speed enforcement a few times in the 70kph going out of town.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Many sat nags will show what the local limit is. Not always correctly, but that is what I use.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Also worth a read.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Arrius

Free Member
Jun 29, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
Read both of the articles. The EU is serious about protecting their citizens. The new regulation GDPR, these traffic violation changes show how serious they are about their safety.

I would be careful while driving around France and Switzerland from now on. Getting caught with a device that is now illegal could also get you in a lot of trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back