French Speed Cameras - another development (1 Viewer)

quarryjmiller

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2006
Brace yourselves, this a screen grab from Le Parisien, I know that most of you probably don't use the AutoRoute that much and that when you do the price of diesel dictates lower speeds anyway but you should read this:

'AN ORDINARY-looking Renault Megane is the latest weapon against speeders on France’s roads – with a new-generation speed camera built into the dashboard and a detector radar behind the numberplate.

The car is the first of a fleet of 300 cars carrying the radars which are practically invisible and almost undetectable. They will start operations on March 15 in around 20 departments. Each is capable of detecting speeding vehicles and photographing them, without flash, while on the move at motorway speeds.

Although unmarked cars are used, the officers driving them will still be in uniform and for the initial period only drivers who overtake the unmarked car will be penalised.

The cars will also only target high-speed drivers, with senior Sécurité Routière official Aurélien Wattez saying they were aimed at motorists who ignored restrictions everywhere except where there were road-side cameras. They are set to catch drivers speeding at more than 10% above the road’s limit – above 143kph on the bulk of French autoroutes.

It is intended to bring in 300 equipped vehicles over the next three years in a bid to cut road deaths – with excess speed blamed for 26% of fatal road accidents in 2012, around 1,000 deaths'.

Pierre Chasseray, of drivers’ group 40 Millions d'Automobilistes, said on Europe 1: “Obviously, if it is a weapon against idiot drivers then one cannot be against it; but if it is just a new way to trap drivers it will lead to real hostility against speed cameras.”

• The number of road deaths fell 8.8% in January, with 271 people dying in accidents, Sécurité Routière revealed.

Screengrab: Le Parisien
- See more at: http://www.connexionfrance.com/Spee...-14513-view-article.html#sthash.Rj8rbhxq.dpuf

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Not a problem for me. Its impossible for me to break the speed limit even if I wanted too.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Thanks for the information.

I don't know how fast all you others go but getting up to anything close to around 89 mph in my MH is going to require both a very, very long steep hill and a howling gale force wind behind.

Is there any MH owner on holiday in France in such a hurry to get anywhere?

And if so - why?

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
They would be better off spending the money on driver training, in my experience our French friends only have two speeds, flat out or dead slow & as for roundabouts & junctions :Eeek:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
french speed limits

emergency stop from that speed may be a problem

:Eeek:

:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good God Sue, any stop from that speed would be a problem for me :ROFLMAO:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I rarely overtake anything on the Autoroute, let alone covert black Meganes with speed cameras in them. The 56mph fuel-saving empty road pootle is one of the great pleasures of the France trip as far as I'm concerned. Let others do all the hurtling if it pleases them.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
The departments in France where these new “invisible” mobile speed cameras are to be launched on March 15 are: Ile-de-France plus Alpes-Maritimes, Bouches-du-Rhône, Calvados, Essonne, Haute-Garonne, Gironde, Ille-et-Vilaine, Loir-et-Cher, Loire-Atlantique, Loiret, Moselle, Nord, Oise, Pyrénées-Orientales, Rhône, Somme and Vaucluse.
We are glad it does not include Limousin (not that we exceed the speed limit, you'll understand)!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back