French Sim card - Does not tether!! (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Last year in France we used the SFR sim card in our phone and it worked very well except for the fact that it could not tether to another device. We could not hotspot to our computer. In all the other countries we have visited this was not an issue. I have read other articles which say the same thing. I was thinking to overcome this problem and to use a sim card in the computer, a dongle might be the answer? Has anyone else overcome this problem? We are going to be traveling in France later this year.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
We use 3 mobile phones which allow us to use our UK allowances in France and also have a 3 mifi dongle that we have a 5GB data allowance per month that can be used both here and France. Seems to work fine for us.

Recently we were without broadband at home and we bought a one month 20GB sim to use in our mifi dongle which cost £20.00.

OP
OP
travelbunyip
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Thanks RitaG for your reply. Unfortunately we have to buy a sim card in France as we are coming from Australia and do not have UK mobile phone with data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lookaround

Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
Last year I used an 'Orange' one and it tethered fine. Not sure of the plan but I just went into an Orange phone shop and they gave me one. I used it A lot over a week or so and could top it up if I needed to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back