LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed at some lovely sites, but, last night we turned up at one and it was a mess, old cars, rubbish, stuff all over the place, dirty. We didn't stay. We will advise French Passion.

It then got me wondering, we place our 'trust' in these places, but, we know nothing about them. You could turn up, be attacked etcetera and unless you told someone where you were going , you could dissappear.

It may be a good idea to let someone know your destination.

Also, if your not comfortable, drive on. We found a nice free aire using camper contact, best £5 I have ever parted with

Last edited:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We belonged to Passion for one year ages ago, we tried to find places-failed, found one once, drove in, failed to find anywhere obvious to park, bit of a yard with machinery everywhere, failed to raise anyone at house although house door open-moved on to an Aire.
Never bothered again now we just use Aires, usually free ones but always try to spend in the Ville!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This was our first one but as it looked like our sheds at home . No problem
IMG_0035.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Further to my last post, we have been on scores and never been disappointed

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We belonged to Passion for one year ages ago, we tried to find places-failed, found one once, drove in, failed to find anywhere obvious to park, bit of a yard with machinery everywhere, failed to raise anyone at house although house door open-moved on to an Aire.
Never bothered again now we just use Aires, usually free ones but always try to spend in the Ville!
Same for us we have stayed at a couple recommended by the local tourist info we weren't in passion but they weren't bothered.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Anyone in France passion disappointed with their first stop , I can only say stick with it, read the description in the book and you will find some wonderful places.

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Anyone in France passion disappointed with their first stop , I can only say stick with it, read the description in the book and you will find some wonderful places.

I agree Chaser, we have stayed on several brilliant places on this trip, it was such a disappointment though to see what a dirty state that one was in yesterday. They sold milk, cheese & hams apparently, but it was so grubby looking that I wouldn't have bought anything.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you'r squeamish about these places, don't use them. You don't need the extra tension when you're trying to relax. It will also leave more space for those who are not that way inclined. They often provide an opportunity to 'look behind the scenes' and discover how real French people live.
Some locations are difficult to find and can difficult to get to (awkward roads/turns) but GPS coordinates now help. As there is no obligation to part with money, many owners have little interest in meeting you. We stopped at a vacant one a few years ago, only to find a sign to the location we should have been at pointing the other way as we left. At the other end of the scale, some are so popular that there may be no space left and others where you may feel under pressure to buy something you don't need.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having been a member of France passion for over 20 years and visited literally hundreds of there sites in that time, some poor, some good and some excellent, I have learned one important thing. They are FREE, so why complain if you get a poor one. Its not as if its a campsite and charging you to stay there. You cannot expect 5 star camping from some old boy with a few goats hoping to sell the odd cheese to a campingcarist. Many France Passion sites are in deepest rural France, with one or two pitches in a corner of some smallholders yard. One can hardly expect hard standing, hot showers and a swimming pool provided by a smallholder free of charge when he is struggling to make ends meet himself.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Right, neither myself nor Lorraine are squeamish but this site was awful, there must have been at least 20 cars dumped in what appeared to be a lagoon of mud, there was household rubbish and old kitchen white goods all over the place, it made Steptoes's rag and bone yard look like the Ritz. It was filthy, and when I looked at the French Passion website, there were zero comments, so I suspect not many, if any, have stayed there. We parked that night on a free aire and looking st some if the other vans parked,one or two may have also visited that French Passion site.
No one on this forum can defend this pitch, you can defend French Passion, as we will continue to do do, but as you were not at this site you can't.

I'm so concerned that I intend taking photographs off my dashcam and posting them to French Passion, it WAS that bad.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Right, neither myself nor Lorraine are squeamish but this site was awful, there must have been at least 20 cars dumped in what appeared to be a lagoon of mud, there was household rubbish and old kitchen white goods all over the place, it made Steptoes's rag and bone yard look like the Ritz. It was filthy, and when I looked at the French Passion website, there were zero comments, so I suspect not many, if any, have stayed there. We parked that night on a free aire and looking st some if the other vans parked,one or two may have also visited that French Passion site.
No one on this forum can defend this pitch, you can defend French Passion, as we will continue to do do, but as you were not at this site you can't.

I'm so concerned that I intend taking photographs off my dashcam and posting them to French Passion, it WAS that bad.
Dont think anyone is arguing, just letting others know they earnt all like that

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Oh! This thread is about places to stay. Disappointed after reading the title!:LOL:

Wyn

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

Some of the French like to take the piss as well you know ShiftZZ!:D2

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

If I feel nervous ever I phone a friend and tell them the registration number of the van parked behind me in a layby ...... so if I am murdered they have a clue who might have done it. :)
@irnbru.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back