French Meet Aug 2008 (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi everyone

Keith and I have planned our holiday next year in France, and if anyone would like to join us here for a meet then here are the brief details:

The dates are linked to the beginning of the Spain Meet for anyone who perhaps would like to extend their holiday with us and travel onto Spain, or just do France as we are. If you want to stay part of the week, or a bit longer than a week, the choice is yours.....

We will be there from Sat Aug 9 to Sat Aug 16th, at Parc Verger, La Halte,
87150 Champagnac-La-Riviere, France. It is not far from Limoges, and en route to Spain.

Site details can be found here: (plus lots of other info)

Link Removed

and parcverger (Bob) is a member of motorhomefun too. Bob has very kindly offered a special discounted rate for this meet of just 14 euros per night, and the
7th night is free. Electric is a full 16Amps, and is charged at 4 euros every night.

There is also a special annual fete/celebration in the village on Friday 15th (which will be our last night), with Dancing, fireworks and a 5 course meal for approx 16 euros. Bob will provide details nearer the time for us.

This site has 9 hard standing pitches, 8 of which are available for the dates mentioned above. We have the 9th :roflmto: Bob can be contacted by phone for just 3p per minute on 0844 232 8500, and a ÂŁ20 deposit will secure your booking.

I think this looks like a fantastic site, and we will be booking the ferries as soon as we can.
Please let us know if you would like to meet up here..........

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi guys sitting at Parc Verger right now ::bigsmile: Bob and his wife are a loverly couple well worth a visit, all pitches have water, electric and sewage, plus best of all free wi-fi ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: been sitting outside watching the sun go down, drink ing a nice red. Stay 2 nights and you get a bottle free

Site is just of a good main road, so access is no problem for Rv's

Olley

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Sounds wonderful! How long are you there for, and have you done much whilst you have been on site? Any info would be appreciated :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sounds great, if we can add another few days on before the Las Dunas, Spanish meet and the Morroco trip we'll be there! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
That's great Suzy ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You'd better set off now Suzy or you wont get em all in:ROFLMAO:

caz

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Long time at Parc Verger

Hi all,
We found Parc Verger in October 2006. We arrived with the plan to stay for 2 weeks and ended up here for 5 months. Went back to the UK for work on the rig and then returned in August this year. It is a wonderful site with excellent owners and neighbours.
We have explored a lot of the countryside here and there are some wonderful places to visit - Brantome (the Venice of France), Limoge and numerours villages and towns.
There is an excellent cycle path in the village - so bring your bikes with you.
The local village has a good bar that serves an excellent pizza. There is also a butcher and bakers.
So much to see and do - you will never be bored

Take time out from your busy lives and spend time in this tranquil setting with superb sunsets, excellent wine - you can even sip your g & t in the pool.

We love it here and will keep returning. We hope you will enjoy it as much as us.::bigsmile:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for that Caz, it sounds great!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sharon

We are very interested in attending this meet, have a few things to sort out before commiting ourselves though. Will contact you by PM in the near future.

Brian & Pam

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Sharon

We are very interested in attending this meet, have a few things to sort out before commiting ourselves though. Will contact you by PM in the near future.

Brian & Pam

Hey Brian and Pam

Hope you can make it! Would be great to meet you two....:Smile:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
We might be there

Hi Sharon & Kieth
We might be passing this area at that time, and if we do we most certainly will call in for a couple of days:thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Graham
It will be terrific to see you there mate. Please remember that they only have 8 pitches available so if you think you are going to be visiting can I suggest that you call them and book it. It would be rotten if you turned up on spec and they have no pitches left :Doh:
If you do book this site can you please let us know so you can be added to the list?
Thanks

Keith

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi Graham
It will be terrific to see you there mate. Please remember that they only have 8 pitches available so if you think you are going to be visiting can I suggest that you call them and book it. It would be rotten if you turned up on spec and they have no pitches left :Doh:
If you do book this site can you please let us know so you can be added to the list?
Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith.
Far too early for us to book, however no electric would be required and any little corner would do us.
But honestly, we do pass that area every year but don't know exactly when yet. Our holidays are about that time:thumb:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Posted our ÂŁ20 deposit cheque today ::bigsmile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Hi Keith.
Far too early for us to book, however no electric would be required and any little corner would do us.
But honestly, we do pass that area every year but don't know exactly when yet. Our holidays are about that time:thumb:

Hi, Graham, we promise to fit you in (you in your small corner, and I in mine!) if you can get here then. Nothing is too good for a MHFun member!!!:winky:

Bob and Di

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
All systems GO for us, we will be phoning ParcVerger tomorrow to make our reservation.
Sharon we will confirm our booking to you by PM

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
That is great. I will put your names on calendar........:Smile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi sharon confirmed are booking with bob & di just the price and deposit and postal strike to sort now:thumb:

dave an sue

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
With my enthusiastic hat on, I tried SeaFrance for sailing details, but alas it was not meant to be......
Jan 08 I think, to check again. From memory, the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. This year we paid a ÂŁ7.50 fee to be able to change the times as necessary, which seemed like a good option.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi sharon i looked at p&o last night cheapest was ÂŁ78 for early hrs ÂŁ89 for morning and ÂŁ105 peek,that is for midweek to midweek as we will be going for 2 weeks

dave:Smile:

josielynne

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Funster No
hi we would love to go ,,,is their anyway we can meet in uk as new to motorhome ,would love to travel with others that have done france before :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi sharon, sorry not to have replied sooner but we left Parc Verger the next day, I think Caz has said it all though. I will just add that bob said the butcher is scottish so english is not a problem and he does proper bangers.::bigsmile:

Here is a small panorama, with me in the middle, bob the owner to the right (he lives in it on site) and an ARVE member to the left, the other picture is I believe caz's RV, He greeted me on my arrival. (bob was sleeping ::bigsmile:)

Distance from Calais is about 450miles so it quite a long one day drive, I reckon nearer the time bob ought to post directions on here as he knows of a fairly toll free route.

Olley

Attachments

• panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN6205.jpg
    DSCN6205.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi sharon, sorry not to have replied sooner but we left Parc Verger the next day, I think Caz has said it all though. I will just add that bob said the butcher is scottish so english is not a problem and he does proper bangers.::bigsmile:

Here is a small panorama, with me in the middle, bob the owner to the right (he lives in it on site) and an ARVE member to the left, the other picture is I believe caz's RV, He greeted me on my arrival. (bob was sleeping ::bigsmile:)

Distance from Calais is about 450miles so it quite a long one day drive, I reckon nearer the time bob ought to post directions on here as he knows of a fairly toll free route.

Olley

That looks quite magnificent, thanks Olley!

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
hi we would love to go ,,,is their anyway we can meet in uk as new to motorhome ,would love to travel with others that have done france before :thumb:

Hi Josielynne

I think the problem at the moment is nobody can book the ferries because it is so early, but of course you can book the site.

You can take pot luck and hope that the site doesn't become booked quickly and just wait (bear in mind that week is open to anybody in the world) or take the plunge and book in with Bob.

We will be going a few days before, but will be work and ferry dependent.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Tolls

Hi Guys & Gals
Limoges can be got to quite easy without tolls except for one between Calais & Rouen:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back