Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Josielynne

We have booked with the site, but as Sharon has said ferry bookings are not yet available and so our definite travel arrangements have yet to be made.
As it is about 500 miles from Calais to the site we are intending to split the journey in two, stopping at an aire de service overnight. Hopefully we will get a crossing on either the preceding Thursday evening or early on the Friday morning.
We have travelled in France before, but are by no means classified as experts, you are however more than welcome to tag along with us if you so wish.
We will post our proposed travel times as soon as we know them ourselves so keep in touch if you decide to go.

Brian & Pam

josielynne

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Funster No
hi Brian & Pam thanks for replys ,,,its just that were new to travling with moterhome ,we will be travelling with our 2 kids of 10 , so we are looking for all the help we can get ,and will keep a look out for your post,, thanks again everyone ,josielynne

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have had our reservation confirmed by Bob at Parc Verger and have now booked our ferry crosings. We have decided to take a route down through Rouen and Le Mans rather than heading for Paris. We leave Dover at 23:15 Thursday 7th, will overnight near to Calais and will travel the bulk of the journey on Friday, overnighting somewhere south of Tours. The journey will be completed on Saturday, arriving at Parc Verger early afternoon. A similar pattern will be used for our return journey crossing back over to the UK at 11:00 on Monday 18th. The cost of the crossing for our 6 metre motorhome was £82.80 with SeaFrance.
If anyone wants to travel with us or wants further information please contact us by PM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks Brisey.

Our ferry plans are on hold until we have our new vehicle. Then I can get ferry booked etc. Will post details here when I know them.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
hi Brian & Pam thanks for replys ,,,its just that were new to travling with moterhome ,we will be travelling with our 2 kids of 10 , so we are looking for all the help we can get ,and will keep a look out for your post,, thanks again everyone ,josielynne

Hi Josielynne

Sorry I haven't answered you earlier.
Do you think you will be able to join us? If so, then please contact Parcverger on this site and let me know and I can add you to the list.:Smile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I have received email confirmation from Parcverger about our pitch reservation, so can shortly go ahead and book our ferries.... when we get a motorhome:ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys, now at Parc Verger and thought I would post on tolls if you stay on the autoroutes.

Its 444miles according to tomtom just doable in a day for me, easier for Eurovans as most seem to overtake me. ::bigsmile:

We took 11 hours, starting a 7am with about 90 minutes for breaks and fuel. We went via Paris, Calais-Paris €41.40 Paris-Vierzon €36.90 after that its free to Limoges.

Olley

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for the info Ian. We will be taking a few days to get there and not racing home either, but it is definitely good to know the cost of the tolls. Are you towing? because I believe that it makes a difference or are your prices for solo?
Hope that you and Sue have a fabulous trip mate, and do TRY to stay away from shopping centers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I want to come to this meet but cant confirm till much later sadly:Sad::cry:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Keith we are solo, you like us will be class 3, as I understand it, under 3.5kg its class 2, but any tag axles are class 4 :whatthe: even eurovans, same as artic's.

If you are going to take 2 days you can use the RN routes and save some cash.

About as much chance of missing the shopping centres as I have of Susan missing Eastenders tonight. Sat reception is brilliant unfortunately. :Sad:

After all her worries over the ferry crossing (its looks rough will we be alright?) the ships hardly move at all, modern stabilization is really good. So hopefully she will be better in the future.

Olley

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I want to come to this meet but cant confirm till much later sadly:Sad::cry:

Hi John

I am not sure how many spaces are left at Parc Verger, but a £25 deposit would secure a space for you if you wanted to do that. Otherwise just hope there is a space if you do decide you are able to make it. :Smile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ian
Yes we will be using RN roads down there mate as there are a couple of places we want to visit en route, and we may call into my cousins place Link Removed before we come back as it is only a few miles from Parc Verger.
Bad luck with the TV reception mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi keith your not one of the Le Tipples, related to the house of Bourbon are you?:ROFLMAO:

Olley

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Hi Keith & Sharon. How many places have actually been booked? so far. Theres a chance we might be able to make it. We're in Holland for a wedding middle of July and intend staying over for a month or so possibly. As you know we're not an RV so might be able to slip in on the end of one of those big pitches with another small one. Parc Verger is a site Ive longed to visit after hearing everybodys comments on it. Im especially kean on the fishing available.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Tony

I am guessing there are 3 or 4 places left, (maybe more):

This site has 9 hard standing pitches, 8 of which are available for the dates mentioned above. We have the 9th Bob can be contacted by phone for just 3p per minute on 0844 232 8500, and a £20 deposit will secure your booking.

So if you give Bob a quick call, I know he will be able to confirm a pitch for you. :winky:

Interested parties have been listed on the August calendar if you want to have a look at who has expressed an interest

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tony
Not sure of the booking position mate, best idea is to call them (info on this site) and get it booked :thumb: They are quite a small site and I believe they do get booked up fairly quickly.....
Good luck, let us know how you get on. We will look forward to seeing you and Gwen down there :thumb:

Keith

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Have paid a deposit Keith from the 2nd - 16th august. decided to base ourselves there for a fortnight. This is all subject to Gwens unknown hip operation date (NHS) Look forward to seeing you both there. Apparently according to Bob we are the 4th confirmed booking. Friends might be joining us also in which case he will squeeze our two Non RV vans onto one big pitch.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tony
We really look forward to seeing you and Gwen there mate, I'll try not to be jealous about you being there for ages (some of us have to work :winky:).
Just trying to think who the other two confirmed bookers are? I think I know but if the guys can let us know here then we can add you on the calendar :thumb:

Keith

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Keith

We have confirmed our booking with Bob at Parc Verger, deposit paid, ferry booked, all systems are go.

Brian & Pam

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
The fishing looks to be quite good in that area, any of you guys that are going participate?
2nd question, which ferry company is currently offering the best deal for a return trip.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tony
The last time I went fishing was with a Royal Navy frigates depth charges, we chucked some over the back and waited for the fish to float up, then the Marines took to the Dory to recover some for the chef :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Best fish I have ever eaten :thumb: Ticked off the Icelandic fishermen too, which really made it worthwhile................:thumb:
Not sure about the ferries yet as I haven't booked and now that you have reminded Sharon, that is just another thing on her list of things for me to do :Eeek: Cheers mate :Doh:

Keith

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Hey keith, thought you was a Naval Man you just look like one. Every man should have a hobby, Ive got two, nah three counting watching footie. Gets a fella out of the house away from the chores and into the fresh air. By the way did you get the emails I sent you?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hey keith, thought you was a Naval Man you just look like one. Every man should have a hobby, Ive got two, nah three counting watching footie. Gets a fella out of the house away from the chores and into the fresh air. By the way did you get the emails I sent you?
Oh dear, what gave it away? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes I did get your emails and replied mate..... Did you not get mine?
Better reply by PM so we do not to hijack this thread Tony :thumb:

Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi tony i am on the list for this one and into course fishing ill be bringing my rod
as for the football im an everton fan
dave

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
oh well we cant all be perfect. At least you like fishing ::bigsmile:
Im a United fan :thumb: I wonder if Bob knows any friendly farmers near Parcverger where I might waggle my metal detector. Theres loads of hidden history in France.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Keith has just booked ferry for this trip ::bigsmile: Now all I have to do is persuade him to take me too.....

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Sure you can come darling, I couldn't get through two weeks of not eating :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The best bit is that I booked the ferry with Sea France, return trip for £119 :thumb:
How good is that? When I checked P&O they were an awful lot more expensive at £185, so again this year Sea France are looking like the real operator.
Can't wait now :thumb:

Keith

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Keith, Did you book online or did you go through a sea france operator on the phone?
I used to get a better rate going through the Camping & caravan club but I dont think they are on good terms now with Sea France.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tony
Booked online mate... Went directly to Sea France after checking every other option and even the CC were more expensive going through them.
I am sending you a PM matey :thumb:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back