French Meet April 10 - 17 (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We will be going to France to Berny-Riviere approx half way between Calais and Paris from April 10 - 17 which is UK Children's school hols, although not strictly Easter which is in March this year.

The site has been highly recommended by qe2, and details can be found here:

http://www.touringcheque.co.uk/campsites/overview.cfm?mc=124&regionID=325_327

This site allows you to pre-buy touring cheques at £10.25 a night and present them upon arrival one voucher one night, get the seventh night free. So a week here at this four star resort will cost approx £60 for pitch without electric. (This touring cheque idea is similar to plane standby fares at an airport.)
The lady I spoke to regarding this site said she had been many times, and in April there will be plenty of space, so using TC's will be a doddle.
The normal price for prebooking pitch only at this site ranged from £20 - £32 a night going through UK agents.

Although this web link doesn't mention transport, I can tell you that there is a luxury coach that apparently runs from reception To Disney in Paris at about £10 a head for the journey, leaving at 8am ish and leaving Disney at 8pm.
There is also another coach from reception that takes you straight into Paris for a day's sightseeing etc for similar costs.

All in all I think this looks like a fantastic site, and very affordable. Just need to sort out ferries now and we are done!

If you have any questions regarding site or TC's please use telephone number on the link provided.

If you fancy meeting up with us, let me know.
I will now go and put the entry on the calendar:Smile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
This is the campsite's own website - English version:

Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Minor consideration Keith, you can get a full two person camping kit from Argos for under a Hundred quid.:Smile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Minor consideration Keith, you can get a full two person camping kit from Argos for under a Hundred quid.:Smile:

I certainly don't expect to have to pay that amount mate, there has to be a cheaper alternative :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I certainly don't expect to have to pay that amount mate, there has to be a cheaper alternative :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Geo will accommodate you:winky:after all what are friends for:winky:

Or buy a cheap caravan and he can tow you:winky:

:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi JSW

There is something spooky about that second link, and I can't quite work out what it is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
That is a challenge??????????
I was thinking more like this:

Link Removed

And the first thing that comes to mind is........ just how wide is this thing?:ROFLMAO:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
France meet

:ROFLMAO: And the small matter of getting a replacement RV :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Keith, what are friends for. I'll lend you my Swift.

Seriously, I like the sound of a week in France. I think I will be back at Garda then, but a few days in France will make a nice change.

Russell

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Russell

Is that a yes I am interested? If so, I will put your name down...:winky:

BTW nice to see you spending a bit more time here with us all::bigsmile:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
France

Hi

Yes, I am interested in this, but have a couple of job interviews on the boil for jobs in Italy.

I should know more in a couple of weeks and so will confirm in due course.

Russell

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Russell the professional interviewee............you are always going for job interviews! Have you ever considered it as a career?:ROFLMAO:
Let me know as and when......:Smile:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Interviews

Interviews, Sharon, me?

I have only had one since I got back from Italy and I got the job!

Interviews in Italy could be little more than a bottle of red wine and some lasagne!

Russell

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well our brochure has arrived.........
The touring cheques are good for two seasons which is good. Also this site does 3 weeks for the price of two, as well as 7 nights for the price of 6, 1 April - 30 June.
Once I know the length of our new van, I will call them and find out their 'special price' for ferries.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Right, we are now booked on the ferry for this one........ just need to get the touring cheques sorted out :Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Sharon

what's the latest situation, are there any vacancies on this meet ?

Cheers

Jim

EDit

oops .. I thought this was the August meet.. must be getting senile

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Should be plenty of space Jim!!

Would be great to see you and Jan again:Smile:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Hi Sharon
Just discovered your April jaunt... just so happens that we'll be in France at the same time:Smile:

All being well we'll pop in for a night or two around the 14 to 16th on our way back to Calais:thumb:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Sharon
Just discovered your April jaunt... just so happens that we'll be in France at the same time:Smile:

All being well we'll pop in for a night or two around the 14 to 16th on our way back to Calais:thumb:

Hey that would be good Graham! See you there ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
HI Sharon.. see my edit ,, we were thinking on the August meet .. if any spaces left .

Hi Jim

I believe there are 4 pitches available at Parcverger. Tel no. is on calendar entry - you can reserve a pitch with Bob for £20.
If you can make it, let me know:thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Just to let you all know that the ferry tickets for this trip just cost us £108 return, that is for a 9.8 mtr motorhome and mid afternoon sailings :thumb: Well Chuffed :thumb:

Keith

Ps Less than 12 weeks to go now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
£128 via the tunnel, 6m including satnex2 and the hound:winky:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Can't do the tunnel Graham, I am scared stiff of going in a round tube that goes under water :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Rapide561 (Russell) has just told me the link on the calendar did not work, so apologies to anyone else who tried to click on it. I have now put in the link again and it works :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back