French Lockdown (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I hope it is not going to be long, and that the news of £5000 fine for anyone leaving the country before June 30th isn’t true. Totally fed up, fair enough putting restrictions on returning to the Uk , but making it illegal to leave, so wrong 😑

Found this, but it does not have an end date;

The government has published new COVID regulations that will come into force from 29 March, when current lockdown restrictions end.

The new regulations, released on Monday, include laws that will make it illegal to leave the country without a "reasonable excuse".

The government document also says no one will be allowed to travel to or be present at an embarkation point – for example an airport, ferry or train station – with the purpose of travelling to a destination outside the UK.

Anyone who tries to travel without one of the approved reasons could be fined £5,000.

It is currently already illegal to leave the country under the government’s “stay at home” orders, which end on 29 March.

But human rights barrister Adam Wagner has pointed out that a ban on travelling for holidays was merely assumed under the “stay at home” order and had not actually been formalised into law.

He said: “Previously, the ‘holiday ban’ which the government had advertised was assumed rather than explicit – because going on holiday wasn’t a reasonable excuse, it was assumed you couldn’t be outside of your home to do so. But now it is explicit.”

Under the new regulations, the government has provided an extensive list of what counts as a “reasonable excuse” – and it does not include going on holiday.

If someone has a reason to leave that’s included on the list, they must fill out a travel declaration form.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
very kind, thank you, take the wee, i probably deserve it
On another note, i saw on france 24 at teatime, the french vaccine chief Alain Fischer, said he expects the country to return to some kind of normal for the summer, which is good news i think? they were talking about accelerating the vaccine roll out also, but that seems to be at odds with the french people's way??
I thought it might be of interest.
It wont make the news but the French infection rate dropped by about 15 today.

I should be able to do all the figures overnight

Far far too early for the news to be exciting yet

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And France currently has that for entering too ...i had to fill in forms for entering france declaring it was for transiting purposes and then i had to fill out another one to exit france ...as you can't leave france without a valid reason too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Found this, but it does not have an end date;

The government has published new COVID regulations that will come into force from 29 March, when current lockdown restrictions end.

The new regulations, released on Monday, include laws that will make it illegal to leave the country without a "reasonable excuse".

The government document also says no one will be allowed to travel to or be present at an embarkation point – for example an airport, ferry or train station – with the purpose of travelling to a destination outside the UK.

Anyone who tries to travel without one of the approved reasons could be fined £5,000.

It is currently already illegal to leave the country under the government’s “stay at home” orders, which end on 29 March.

But human rights barrister Adam Wagner has pointed out that a ban on travelling for holidays was merely assumed under the “stay at home” order and had not actually been formalised into law.

He said: “Previously, the ‘holiday ban’ which the government had advertised was assumed rather than explicit – because going on holiday wasn’t a reasonable excuse, it was assumed you couldn’t be outside of your home to do so. But now it is explicit.”

Under the new regulations, the government has provided an extensive list of what counts as a “reasonable excuse” – and it does not include going on holiday.

If someone has a reason to leave that’s included on the list, they must fill out a travel declaration form.
I fully expect TUI Ryan Air, DFDS Eurotunnel etc to take out a joint approach for legal action.

Unjustifiable in my view to implement it and prevent citizens leaving. Q10 them on the way back, but dont ban them leaving when figures are lower

I think it is all a bit of bluster to make people concerned and book up staycations in order to boost the economy.
I still think figures will be low enough to do what we did last year.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I fully expect TUI Ryan Air, DFDS Eurotunnel etc to take out a joint approach for legal action.

Unjustifiable in my view to implement it and prevent citizens leaving. Q10 them on the way back, but dont ban them leaving

It may, of course, just be co-incidental with the current hoo-haa about EU vaccine exports ? Sort of like, "Sorry, Spain and Greece, but we have just had to impose a total ban on UK holidaymakers for this year."

OP
OP
Midnightflyer
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
JFF & FYO ;) Ninjabob wrote that in reply to Midnightflyer looking IN EUROPE for what is your idea of hell. ;)
I put that reference above for you.

We're all capable of having different needs, in different places.
The kevenhs have travelled world wide for decades to 7 continents without dissing other people's holiday likes or claiming there's are better.

But we're not perfect as privately we can be caught thinking: "why return to the same place year in year out when the world is so big?"
That's more for people who return to somewhere like Lanzarote every summer 🤔
Hi Both. I understand where you are coming from however we are certainly not who you think we are. We don't return to the same place each year, we tour as much as possible throughout Europe and further. We have hired RV's in the US and Canada, have a Daughter in Australia and hired M/H there, spent 3 months touring. So we are not one of those that stick to the same routine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Hi Both. I understand where you are coming from however we are certainly not who you think we are. We don't return to the same place each year, we tour as much as possible throughout Europe and further. We have hired RV's in the US and Canada, have a Daughter in Australia and hired M/H there, spent 3 months touring. So we are not one of those that stick to the same routine.
Of course ;)
My "go back to same place" was totally a general comment and I would write it clearer if I repeated it (y)
The kevenhs have been to lots of fantastic foreign holiday destinations that they'd love to return to - but only when new ones are getting harder ;)
Kenya is our only oddity. We've been there THREE times :eek:
Once as a beach holiday plus a few days on safari. Then as a luxurious (for us) honeymoon where it was nearly all safari with a little bit of beach - flying between reservations.
Then, for the 3rd and LAST time my dad invited us to join all my sisters and parents on a holiday there :) / :(

Got a bit verbose AGAIN! :oops:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back