LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We all know the only reason the current shower got in there was for delivering the shambles.

People were happy to dismiss the opposition under the guise of anti sematic and other nonsense like the tories are now on a mission to smear sturgeon 😏 their popularity ratings pretty much say what the sensible uk public think of them.
That 6% of the voting public prefer them more than the opposition party ?

1616432792377.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I will consider myself suitably chastened. and apologise if the #s comment caused any offence, it was not particularly aimed at anyone.
I started this thread to find out what other peoples "loose" plans were, not should or shouldn't travel.
It has turned into something entirely different.
As they always do :doh: :(

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
i for one won't be having a staycation, but will travel abroad if allowed, because for me is the safer option, and i have to be more careful than most because i have rheumatoid arthritis and take immunosuppressants,
I think that's a load of rubbish. I Self inject the highest dose of Methotrexate every week which is a cytotoxic immunosuppressant and before May 2019 couldn't walk 300 yards I also have have ITP and have had Covid. The wife has 3 MD's - Hypoxia, Virology & Epidemiology is an active participant of SAGE, has Asthma and has had Covid too.

Last year we had 2 French holidays, 2 in Northumberland another in Devon and one in Norfolk. It Doesn't matter where you are,

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think that's a load of rubbish. I Self inject the highest dose of Methotrexate every week which is a cytotoxic immunosuppressant and before May 2019 couldn't walk 300 yards I also have have ITP and have had Covid. The wife has 3 MD's - Hypoxia, Virology & Epidemiology is an active participant of SAGE, has Asthma and has had Covid too.

Last year we had 2 French holidays, 2 in Northumberland another in Devon and one in Norfolk. It Doesn't matter where you are,
Well it does really ...some countries are lower risk ...greece was one of them and still is , france, Spain , Italy , uk all still very high risk

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I must offer my apologies to everyone, i did not start this thread, i genuinely thought i was on a thread called europe 2021, which i did start.
It was a genuine error, i never meant to hijack someone else's thread
My sincerest apologies.
I won't post again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

I feel I need to save this post.
Confirms everything I have thought from just about the highest amount of information known.

Well done you 2 for cracking on

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Well it does really ...some countries are lower risk ...greece was one of them and still is , france, Spain , Italy , uk all still very high risk
So Greece currently has a rate of 291 (and rising) which is 2.5 times higher than Uks rate. Spain are just behind UK so easily under half the rate of Greece and both are descending. (red for going up in rate green for going down)
Had to edit it as it wasnt todays. Interestingly France's rate came down a bit today
1616441368385.png

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I must offer my apologies to everyone, i did not start this thread, i genuinely thought i was on a thread called europe 2021, which i did start.
My sincerest apologies.
I won't post again.
I really wouldnt worry about it.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
My sincerest apologies.
I won't post again.
No worries. They must overlap on discussions.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So Greece currently has a rate of 291 (and rising) which is 2.5 times higher than Uks rate. Spain are just behind UK so easily under half the rate of Greece and both are descending. (red for going up in rate green for going down)

<Broken link removed>
Yes but the figures dont give the details. Nearly all of greece cases are around athens ....theres very little in the south

Whereas the uk its pretty much everywhere

Certainly less chance of getting it where i was than here

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I feel I need to save this post.
Confirms everything I have thought from just about the highest amount of information known.

Well done you 2 for cracking on

Being in a motorhome must be one of the safer places to be - wherever you are

I am sure some imagine that the virus is like an all enveloping fog - everywhere - it's not

Taking your own precautions lessens the risk of catching it - that's all

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Yes but the figures dont give the details. Nearly all of greece cases are around athens ....theres very little in the south

Whereas the uk its pretty much everywhere

Certainly less chance of getting it where i was than here
What the figures do tell me is your statement was wrong, so I was correcting it for others to see. Otherwise people may think Greece is fine and Spain and UK are higher in comparison. They are not.

I take your word about Athens and there are some terribly nice places in France and Spain that probably have a similar rate to the South of Greece.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
For the sake of repeating myself :unsure:

Can we please talk about Brexit or how to keep my tan topped up, i'd really like to know the latter as its very important to me as mine is fading fast :ROFLMAO:

Not be long now guys n gals :drinks:

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I hope it is not going to be long, and that the news of £5000 fine for anyone leaving the country before June 30th isn’t true. Totally fed up, fair enough putting restrictions on returning to the Uk , but making it illegal to leave, so wrong 😑

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Which I suppose is fine if your interests are going to sports events, concerts and the cinema - Unfortunately none of those things would compensate me for the loss of freedom to travel.
I don't think it does compensate but it probably isn't an either or choice more a stick or twist accept what has been possible without infections taking off again or try relaxing travel and see what happens.. The question was what the public would put up with. I think after last year when most things were opened and then covid took off and everything shut again most people will see a reason to be cautious and largely that seems to be public opinion. The number of people demonstrating against lockdown are really small .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Then say, "go on make me one then, but it has to be to spec or I'm not paying you".
But they didn't.They paid up front in many cases. They failed to provide the spec they wanted. They failed to ensure the spec stated 'double wrapped packaging. the list is endless.
Lots of items supplied were unable to be used. Google it there is a bottomless pit of stories.
That's more for people who return to somewhere like Lanzarote every summer
Which reminds me that my elsest bro.in-law must be getting withdrawal symptoms as he sually goes on holiday for 2 weeks or more, at least monthly.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope it is not going to be long, and that the news of £5000 fine for anyone leaving the country before June 30th isn’t true. Totally fed up, fair enough putting restrictions on returning to the Uk , but making it illegal to leave, so wrong 😑
Fast becoming a policed state in the uk sadly

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

Can we please talk about Brexit or how to keep my tan topped up, i'd really like to know the latter as its very important to me as mine is fading fast :ROFLMAO:

There are several tanning cream products which may help.😁

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My sincerest apologies.
I won't post again.
Don't you dare stop posting, there's nothing wrong with your opinion and it ensures interesting discussions ... we all post on the wrong thread occasionally, fortunately sometimes we realise before others pick us up on it ... but then again it doesn't always happen and we get the 'wee' taken out of us!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Here you go ... just don't use it if you have a dog unless you like being licked to death! :rofl:

1616446715791.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I will consider myself suitably chastened. and apologise if the #s comment caused any offence, it was not particularly aimed at anyone.
I just don't want you to risk being sent to Coventry ... it's a bit chilly this time of year and we'd miss you! :*

Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Don't you dare stop posting, there's nothing wrong with your opinion and it ensures interesting discussions ... we all post on the wrong thread occasionally, fortunately sometimes we realise before others pick us up on it ... but then again it doesn't always happen and we get the 'wee' taken out of us!
very kind, thank you, take the wee, i probably deserve it
On another note, i saw on france 24 at teatime, the french vaccine chief Alain Fischer, said he expects the country to return to some kind of normal for the summer, which is good news i think? they were talking about accelerating the vaccine roll out also, but that seems to be at odds with the french people's way??
I thought it might be of interest.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back