French garage refused us GPL Why? (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That sounds good! I understood most of that even with my schoolboy French. No doubt Frankie will polish it up if necessary. (y)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you everyone for your help. One question before we do the conversion here. Won't it be a French screw coupling piece rather than an English? Does this matter? Will we have to get an English adaptor?

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
this is probibly a bit late, and not really related to your problem, but if your in Salart we know a English couple who own a French camp site just south of you, Stuart is really helpfull and if you were to go there and stay a couple of nights Im sure he would do all he could to get you sorted with a local motorhome service place.

just in case :

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks you yofel1
I think the narbonne one is closest (we are in Surlat)
We thought we'd email them first
Does this sound ok? Google translated!!
Monsieur,
Je voudrais déplacer la vanne d'entrée de gaz dans le casier à une position extérieure sur mon Camping Car.

Il a été un problème pour obtenir GPL aux stations-service en raison de la position de la charge.

Pouvez-vous faire un changement pour moi et me donner une estimation du coût? Je voudrais qu'il repositionnée sur le côté gauche de l'armoire de gaz - soit sur la jupe ou sous le siège à l'intérieur. S'il vous plaît suggérer la meilleure position.

Je vous remercie.

Sorry I didn't see your post ! Google can be soooo funny.

Look I think it's better to leave it just as it is, as at least they'll see straight away you're not French!
I understand , so will they. Could you give me the original text, I'd like to send Google a few corrections! I always do so... so they can improve!

I guess you mean you are near SARLAT !lol !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We filled up in France without issue a few weeks ago.. But yes, we do have external filler point

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thanks you yofel1
I think the narbonne one is closest (we are in Surlat)
We thought we'd email them first
Does this sound ok? Google translated!!
Monsieur,
Je voudrais déplacer la vanne d'entrée de gaz dans le casier à une position extérieure sur mon Camping Car.

Il a été un problème pour obtenir GPL aux stations-service en raison de la position de la charge.

Pouvez-vous faire un changement pour moi et me donner une estimation du coût? Je voudrais qu'il repositionnée sur le côté gauche de l'armoire de gaz - soit sur la jupe ou sous le siège à l'intérieur. S'il vous plaît suggérer la meilleure position.

Je vous remercie.

If they're open on Saturdays , they might be closed on Mondays.
If no answer on tuesday, I will give them a ring to check their emails and answer quicker! PLEASE do remind me.... I might forget by then!

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks yodeli
Here is both
Monsieur,

Je vous remercie.

Sir,

I would like to move the gas inlet valve from the locker to an external position on my Camping Car.

It has been a problem getting GPL at the Service Stations because of the position of the filler.

Can you make an alteration for me and give me an estimate of the cost? I would like it repositioned to the left hand side of the gas locker - either on the skirt or beneath the seat inside. Please suggest the best position.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just posting again as it's an important question before we have the work done.
Thank you everyone for your help. One question before we do the conversion here. Won't it be a French screw coupling piece rather than an English? Does this matter? Will we have to get an English adaptor?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you have an English one at the moment then surely they can just extend the pipework & supply an external cover.That is all I would be doing.In fact thinking about it that is exactly what I did do as mine was in the gas locker originally & I have a fixed tank.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Sorry can't reply this sort of technical question, I have no idea!
Cost should be around 56 euros/h . That said , as Narbonne Accessoire has a special (expensive) agreement for gas fitting things, I suspect you'll pay a bit more, so would say more around 60 euros/h. Then after 15 minutes the next hour is due (usually!... could be even after less time). Add the parts on which they always take a % .... I'll have a look on forums to see if I can have a better idea.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
One question before we do the conversion here. Won't it be a French screw coupling piece rather than an English? Does this matter? Will we have to get an English adaptor?

Yes, it is likely to be a French connection, as I suggested back at reply #28. However, if the installer can't use your existing connection there are adaptors available, not cheap, but available in the Narbonne catalogue. That doesn't mean they will be available at the installer's workshop, of course.

If I have to fill with GPL in France then I normally do so at Cora, adjacent to the A20, just north of Limoges. I have never been refused a fill, despite having to open my gas locker door to access the connection. I have had my present arrangement for over three years.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back