french emissions sticker (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
anybody had any success in applying for a low emission sticker for France. I have tried filling in the form online, it doesnt accept my registration number, date of registration or brand. I am starting to think shall I bother. As it only costs about 4 euros I thought I would get one just in case. Any advice would be appreciated.

spongy

OP
OP

Deleted User
thanks bill_0R
I used the english form on the french website. Is there an English website where I can apply

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I don't think there is one in the U.K., just an English language version of the official French site.

I managed to order one OK, somewhat to my surprise!

I was unsure what to put in a couple of the boxes, but just guessed and it seemed to work. I received a confirmation of the classification - Crit-Air 2 - and a request to print out the PDF and carry it with me in the van until the window sticker arrives in the post.

It's supposed to come within 30 days, but some are reporting 6 weeks.

Hope you can sort it.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
@spongy - don't think so and watch out for the sites offering a 'service' to handle your application that will cost you 30 Euros!!
I filled in the form, made the payment and within 48 hours received a notice saying that the certificate was in the post.

OP
OP

Deleted User
thanks I will give it another try.

spongy

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
You can use Google Chrome to translate the application form. I received my certificate back within 72 hrs via email and my class 2 sticker in just a week...(y):D

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There are two sections, one for French registered vehicles and the other for non French. I tried the French one first, by mistake, and it said the registration number was incorrect.
If yours is a brand new vehicle, it may not be on the database yet.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
They needed the base vehicle brand for mine, so Iveco in my case. Be careful there is an agent site that wants E29! So make sure it's the gov site.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Something else @Dorset Diver. Certificate provided by the motorhome manufacturer to say that the vehicle, after construction, meets all the required standards. Certificate of Conformity

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Something else @Dorset Diver. Certificate provided by the motorhome manufacturer to say that the vehicle, after construction, meets all the required standards. Certificate of Conformity

Many thanks @Clickem. I will have to hunt through my paperwork. It's a German van I assume I should have one but I'm not sure what it looks like.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.

Many thanks @Clickem. I will have to hunt through my paperwork. It's a German van I assume I should have one but I'm not sure what it looks like.
I got the German one a short while ago and only sent off the same copy of the V5 that I sent for the French Sticker and nothing else. Although I have all the CoC paperwork, it wasn't asked for.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Maybe they accept both, as the web site says:

"Please enclose a copy of the registration papers (e.g. COC-Paper) with the technical details of the vehicle as pdf- or jpg-file. Maximum file size is 2MB."

OP
OP

Deleted User
I think my problem is sending a copy of v5 online. The website states max file size 400kb. Even putting it into a zip file it won't reduce below 480kb. As I am not very techie I don't know how to reduce it further. Any ideas.

Spongy

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I think my problem is sending a copy of v5 online. The website states max file size 400kb. Even putting it into a zip file it won't reduce below 480kb. As I am not very techie I don't know how to reduce it further. Any ideas.

Spongy
@spongy what system are you using?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
All I did was photo it with my iPhone and then emailed it to myself and saved it to desktop. Cannot remember the size it came in at but sent through small I think which ever gave the correct size.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012

Spongy
Can you scan it, then save on your computer as a PDF file? Then when you are ready to send the application, you can download that file as an attachment. That was what I discovered and the file was only 139 kb. You might be able to get somebody else to scan for you then e-mail it to you as a PDF attachment. Then you could still access it from "my downloads" & attach to the form.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All I did was photo it with my iPhone and then emailed it to myself and saved it to desktop. Cannot remember the size it came in at but sent through small I think which ever gave the correct size.
Open it on your PC and then you should have the option in your photo viewer to resize it.

Alternatively send it to me via PM and I'll do it for you and send it back.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Open it on your PC and then you should have the option in your photo viewer to resize it.

Alternatively send it to me via PM and I'll do it for you and send it back.
All done now but thanks for the offer;)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Maybe they accept both, as the web site says:

"Please enclose a copy of the registration papers (e.g. COC-Paper) with the technical details of the vehicle as pdf- or jpg-file. Maximum file size is 2MB."

Hi Looks as if you have managed it know, but for anyone else I scanned mine in and saved it as a black & white PDF file it came out at 286k. They have accepted that OK.

Mike

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I apologies for any confusion I may have caused in this thread, which is about French Emission stickers, which appear to have a max file size of 400kb, on submitted files

I was responding to a question about the German Emission sticker, whether it requires a copy of a CoC or a V5. I quoted the German web site, which says that either is acceptable, but the quote also says max file size is 2Mb (2000kb), in their case

:confused:

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks everybody for your help. I think I might try a photo from my I pad rather than a scanned copy which I was trying to use. It worked ok for a German sticker but I think their file size was bigger

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back