Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have spent a few hours (3) trying to place my details upon the official web site for the application to obtain one of these French emission stickers , this however has had QUITE the result that I wish for.
The site is straight forward enough to enter and it does have an English language part which I was using. I did not think it would be quite so onerous as it transpired. I went into the actual application form and filled out the required boxes using the dates of registration, the registration, Logbook number etc etc. Upon reaching the bottom I was required to place a copy of the vehicle registration Document, this was scanned in but it seem they do not accept all formats and the one I scanned was not acceptable this took a bit of changing and in the end I got it to be a jpg. file which is acceptable, I then went to accept it and go to the next section. It would not allow me to move forwards and it was rejected for two reasons.
1 My registration is INCORRECT ????????????
2 My date of first registration was INCORRECT ???????????
Both of these are indeed quite correct and the web site could not know otherwise.
I re-entered the whole form sequence again many times, just to get the same result, I tried to put the details as a private car, a light commercial and a truck(over 3500kg) again nothing allows me past that point. I did not fill in the emission figures as they are not available for my vehicle, same as all other motorhome in the UK, but it was NOT a starred, as required box.
Then the site started to check that I was not a robot, by asking me to check a series of pictures of street signs and shopfronts and other pictures, all of which I did but still nothing allows me into the site again to complete it. It also becomes time limited and stops you going forwards.
I have now emailed the site organiser and hope to get an sensible answer as to why I get stopped when so far in.
Hopefully I will get an answer next week. It strike me that although the site is in English they may want a French registration and have not realised that British Vehicles might have British registration numbers?????????????
Has anybody yet gone through the process without trouble? If so can they tell me what I might be doing wrongly.
The German site was straight forwards, and the sticker came back in three days.
Hopefully as it is a new site they might just have a teething problem and it will be sorted very soon.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Going to have another go now that I have taken out the Cookies, I think they might have caused the problem from the very first attempt., when the png was too big, 1.87mg max allowable 200.kb it is small enough to fit but always gets rejected and I am told to attach it but it still doesn't recognise it as being there and red message appears saying attach it. will not go forwards.. The image is in black and white to make it smaller than the limit..
STILL DOES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????********

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is the sticker issue a must have or ought to have?

Typical, too late to get one now so we will go without one, I had thought it only applied to Paris so far and we try not to go within 50 miles of Paris

I will let you know when we get back presuming we do o_O

I would have thought euro tunnel would flag it as a new requirement when booking

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
This is getting really complicated we have a handful of cities in the UK, 60 or 70 In Germany, 4 or 5 in France, several in Northern Italy considerating it and many more countries because of health threatening air pollution having to act regarding their own cities.

Yet we have to get different registration and different stickers in each country. Isn't this what the EU is for. One sticker, one registration it's not rocket science.

Dick

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It is driving me mad, my own incompetence I cannot scan the log book and A4 sheet and reduce it enough to get it below the acceptable limit of 200mb I reduced it and still cannot get it down that low to fit the website I keep losing it in the scanning program when I get it it does not fit. I am looking for Beachy Head in a minute. The scanner is always 9 time bigger than the allowable document size. maybe because the French document is very small they think they all are. I give up and keep clear of the places, If I knew exactly where they were, even Dunkirk is going on it probably Calais next????

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
How many have actually got a sticker yet I wonder?

How many will not bother?

will it not be a little like dipping lights the right way?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is driving me mad, my own incompetence I cannot scan the log book and A4 sheet and reduce it enough to get it below the acceptable limit of 200mb I reduced it and still cannot get it down that low to fit the website I keep losing it in the scanning program when I get it it does not fit. I am looking for Beachy Head in a minute. The scanner is always 9 time bigger than the allowable document size. maybe because the French document is very small they think they all are. I give up and keep clear of the places, If I knew exactly where they were, even Dunkirk is going on it probably Calais next????
Ifvyou have Microsoft office, open the file in Office Picture manager it is easy to deduce the size in it or Google's Picasa isxa free programme that is easy to resize photos.
Or you could take a photo far enough away so the doc only fills a quarter of the screen or less then crop it.

P.S. Don't mess up our neck of the woods, jump of Dover cliffs.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How many have actually got a sticker yet I wonder?

How many will not bother?

will it not be a little like dipping lights the right way?

Not got and Not bothering, don't need to do city centres, periferique is as close as I need to be to Paris and I understand that is OK.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back