French Diesel (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Some time ago I read about diesel in france thats got too high an ammount of bio content which invalidates warrantee's anyone know how its marked on pump?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think all French diesel has 20% bio by law.. never heard of any warranty problems.. nor any other issues ..

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi,

French diesel has to meet the same spec as any other diesel in Europe which currently runs at a maximum of 7%. There is no longer a lower limit.

Have a look HERE.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi,

French diesel has to meet the same spec as any other diesel in Europe which currently runs at a maximum of 7%. There is no longer a lower limit.

Have a look HERE.......

Thanks, I stand corrected, I thought it was 20%

just found this which confirms your wiki link

EN590 (actually EN590:2000) describes the physical properties that all diesel fuel must meet if it is to be sold in the EU, Czech Republic, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland. It allows the blending of up to 5% Biodiesel with 'normal' DERV - a 95/5 mix. [HI] In some countries such as France, all diesel sold routinely contains this 95/5 mix.[/HI]

jim

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I used wiki because the only other links I had were direct to ISO and the content is copyrighted. You're right though, 5% is the norm. Too much bio product (e.g. FAME) in the fuel can play havoc with the cold properties (cold filter plugging point test) and also can possibly damage some seals on some vehicles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back