Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Funsters,

We are heading back to France tomorrow, Porstmouth Caen (Ouistreham) just wondering if the diesel supplies are still stressed? Should we fill up with the expensive stuff in Tesco's Portsmouth before boarding or are french supplies back to normal?

TIA

OP
OP
Augusta08

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks, there was a problem when we left France in late May, long queues at the petrol outlets and Intermarche were rationing €25 worth. I know that was mainly panic buying causing the problem, but I thought I'd just check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We leave for France on Sunday and normally we top up with diesel before leaving home.

That takes us the 220 miles to Folkestone and then we usually top up the first day we're in France with cheaper fuel.

This time I'd been considering topping up somewhere around Maidstone to make sure we had plenty of diesel on board when arrived in France but from what you're saying that shouldn't be necessary.

Is that right that we can easily top up, say at Auchen in Boulogne, or should I err on the side of caution and fill up in the UK?

Calais Terminal Beer.jpg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
There is no fuel problem, we have been out here for a week and there is fuel available and no queues.

Deleted User
There never really was a problem except in the eyes of the press

Oh yes there was!!!:)

It may have been localised but there definitely was a problem. In my area there was little fuel for a week and I personally was caught up in a large demonstration with blocked roads and burning tyres.

Everything OK now , prices up a bit though.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
just got back from3 weeks over there, no problem at all.
we didn't see any restrictions or outages.
thought we had at our first fuel station , but it was only a restriction on the amount you could purchase on a credit or debit card, 149 euro.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
No problem at all at the moment with petrol/diesel! :coffee:
In fact they are all very busy talking about something called:unsure: ..... Brexit....Really wonder what's all this fuss about:whistle: Surely it can't be more important than our working laws changing , can it?

There never really was a problem except in the eyes of the press
Alan , for God sake... You now live in some part of France where everything is seen through pink glasses... but we did have troubles Sunshine. You were just too busy walking along the "voie verte" to join some Munchie family in their Castle where "which wine are we going to drink today" is the main worry!:whistle::LOL:;):cool:

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
No problem at all at the moment with petrol/diesel! :coffee:
In fact they are all very busy talking about something called:unsure: ..... Brexit....Really wonder what's all this fuss about:whistle: Surely it can't be more important than our working laws changing , can it?

Alan , for God sake... You now live in some part of France where everything is seen through pink glasses... but we did have troubles Sunshine. You were just too busy walking along the "voie verte" to join some Munchie family in their Castle where "which wine are we going to drink today" is the main worry!:whistle::LOL:;):cool:

You've not worked out the mentality of the British newspapers just yet.....The working law changes are a figment of your imagination, there is no such thing, it is just an excuse to hinder the hard working Brits from enjoying a few weeks holiday in France, who spend their money in France just to help you build hospitals and to help you feed the elderly....and you repay their goodwill by making them stop every 30 minutes to buy diesel...;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back