French Connections (of The Hose Variety). (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Oh no! Not MORE hose connectors and adaptors???

I thought I'd cracked it. I've got a box of every conceivable hose adaptor required for the various UK (and particularly French) taps; or so I thought!

It appears that the French have been making changes to some of their fresh water service points on Aires. These service points - named Urbafox - have a different connector to ones we are normally used to. I also came across an article regarding this in MMM magazine which seems to confirm their growing use.

These Urbafox service units require a sort of hozelock male-to-male straight connector which fits the unit and then another adaptor onto your hose. They are similar in design to hozelock, but not quite the same size?

Has anyone come across these new service points?

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Two weeks ago at Villandry Aire. Had to keep pressing in the hozelock male to male, got soaked and lost a great deal during the timed session. A Dutchman took pity and lent me his adapter, only fractionaly longer ( 2mm?), wouldnt know where to obtain one. Perhaps the brass hozelock adapter may fit better.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Oh no! Not MORE hose connectors and adaptors???

I thought I'd cracked it. I've got a box of every conceivable hose adaptor required for the various UK (and particularly French) taps; or so I thought!

It appears that the French have been making changes to some of their fresh water service points on Aires. These service points - named Urbafox - have a different connector to ones we are normally used to. I also came across an article regarding this in MMM magazine which seems to confirm their growing use.

These Urbafox service units require a sort of hozelock male-to-male straight connector which fits the unit and then another adaptor onto your hose. They are similar in design to hozelock, but not quite the same size?

Has anyone come across these new service points?
Didn't the MMM article mention the name of the company (like hoselock) that made them along with where to buy them?
I'd look in the MMM but I've just given it away, so if you've still hit a copy, can you let me know? If not I will ask for the mag back and will check and post on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not yet, but you can get a male to male adapter in the Range for under two quid, maybe not much use to you if you're away but a male to male adapter may help @old-mo with his request in his recent post :LOL:
edit, just read Pete's post about it being 2 mm longer, may be the clincher for Mo ?

RicknSue

Free Member
Jun 3, 2015
Galmpton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
I just looked at the MMM article. This is the information for buying the parts online from the French DIY chain LeRoy Merlin.
Gardena 616-26 hose adaptor female part sold by Leroy Merlin as 66741836 €4.95
Hose joint male to male 931-26 Leroy Merlin part number 6674205 €2.95
Leroymerlin.fr

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
At Nante Municipal camp site I used Hozelock m/m successfully and also bought a Robinet (tap) that fits as well-handy if you just want to fill a container.(y)

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
After writing the OP, I did a bit of hunting. Looked on Amazon as they do Gardena fittings. On looking at the item description of both adaptors it appears the part numbers were the same as the ones on the French Leroymerlin website.

As I'm going to do a lot of Aires this summer and even though I have loads of hozelock stuff, I bought the straight adaptor and the corresponding connector so that I don't get caught out.

This is in the full knowledge that some funster or other will come up with a work-around (n)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Look at www.worldofgardena.co.uk
Prices are similar to Amazon and they offer different postage options depending on his quickly you need them. Codes look to be the same.

RicknSue

Free Member
Jun 3, 2015
Galmpton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Mike and Carolyn We were at the Nantes Aire ( on the University Campus) about 10 days ago, we filled up successfully and I didn't notice that they had adopted the new system. I cant actually remember which adaptor we used. WillH filling up a 110 litre tank might take awhile from a watering can and we have a Whale pump sysyem

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If it's a male out can't you just shove your hose over it

RicknSue

Free Member
Jun 3, 2015
Galmpton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
I haven't come across them personally but according to the article in MMM its a female connection and its called an Urbaflux Totem CC and its being fitted on quite a few aires. I would imagine quite a few French motorhomers will have problems too.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Mother in law just bought me the 2 connectors , just need to pick up a watering can now and I'll have all angles covered .
Thanks for another helpful post guys !
2 weeks until our French trip begins .

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Nip in to a bricolage ( DIY) and buy one there

Join us or log in to post a reply.