French Clean air sticker (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
I have just received an e-mail confirming my request for a clean air sticker for my 2002 Ford Duetto. I requested a No 3 which is for my year, however they have printed a Yellow no 2 on the bottom of e-mail which is for a 1996/1997. Has any one else had this problem?

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Their seems to be a conflict of information regarding whether disabled drivers with blue badge need a sticker or not.
Does anybody know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Their seems to be a conflict of information regarding whether disabled drivers with blue badge need a sticker or not.
Does anybody know?

I've seen nothing to suggest anything other than that it applies to all vehicles.
As I understand it, the obligation to have a Critair sticker is upon the vehicle that is pumping out the pollution; the identity of the person driving it through that city centre is irrelevant.
A disabled driver driving a really old polluting van is just as polluting as anyone else driving that old van through the centre of Paris etc.
(The RAC website agree - saying that it applies to disabled drivers as much as to anyone else.)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
One other thing to mention is that there have sprung up now several non-official websites pretending to the official one and offering to sell foreigners the Critair vignette at a helluva lot more cost that the official Government Critair site........all they actually do is to pass on the application to the real site and pocket the big difference between the official fee and their massively higher pretend "fee".
The official fee is set at only €3.70 plus postage, which comes to €4.80 total.

This is the real site; don't be duped by any others that might pop up ahead of it (due to them paying to get a higher ranking!) in a google search:-
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One other thing to mention is that there have sprung up now several non-official websites pretending to the official one and offering to sell foreigners the Critair vignette at a helluva lot more cost that the official Government Critair site........all they actually do is to pass on the application to the real site and pocket the big difference between the official fee and their massively higher pretend "fee".
The official fee is set at only €3.70 plus postage, which comes to €4.80 total.

This is the real site; don't be duped by any others that might pop up ahead of it (due to them paying to get a higher ranking!) in a google search:-
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
It's all French to me, looks like you have to have some sort of sticker to say you can't go in certain areas so what happens if you haven't got one?

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
It's all French to me, looks like you have to have some sort of sticker to say you can't go in certain areas so what happens if you haven't got one?

You get a big on the spot fine (the amounts are mentioned in the website), every time you are caught.

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I think that the French (bless them) have adopted a different colour/numbering system to the Euro standard.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
I've seen nothing to suggest anything other than that it applies to all vehicles.
As I understand it, the obligation to have a Critair sticker is upon the vehicle that is pumping out the pollution; the identity of the person driving it through that city centre is irrelevant.
A disabled driver driving a really old polluting van is just as polluting as anyone else driving that old van through the centre of Paris etc.
(The RAC website agree - saying that it applies to disabled drivers as much as to anyone else.)
Taken from the APH site......
Will disabled drivers need a sticker?
The official Crit’Air website says:
‘As per French decree Décret n°2016-847 from 28th June 2016 vehicles bearing a parking card for disabled persons need no Crit’Air Vignette. Parking cards for disabled persons are the same all over Europe so that vehicles of handicapped persons are recognisable
:Eeek:

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Taken from the APH site......
Will disabled drivers need a sticker?
The official Crit’Air website says:
‘As per French decree Décret n°2016-847 from 28th June 2016 vehicles bearing a parking card for disabled persons need no Crit’Air Vignette. Parking cards for disabled persons are the same all over Europe so that vehicles of handicapped persons are recognisable
:Eeek:

The following is taken from the official Critair website:

"I have a disability: do I need an Air Quality Certificate ?
YES. An Air Quality Certificate must be affixed in applicable situations, even on vehicles that have a disabled person's parking card. However, people with a disability are not affected by traffic restrictions."

Here's a link to the exact page on the official French Government Critair website which includes the above statement:-
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/foire-aux-questions

Jun 19, 2014
NantyBwch WALES
Funster No
MH
A Class Arnold
Exp
Sheesh i didnt even know about this certificate needed for France, :cautious: ' we love France 'we dont go into cities unless we muck up on the navi, we use road maps ' we enjoy the team work, i do driving and Helen does the navi' may i ask a dummy question,, how long do they last, yearly? im guessing, just looking at the links posted but havent found it yet, Oh and a Big Thankyou To You All out there for Great info on all aspects of motorhoming.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Sheesh i didnt even know about this certificate needed for France, :cautious: ' we love France 'we dont go into cities unless we muck up on the navi, we use road maps ' we enjoy the team work, i do driving and Helen does the navi' may i ask a dummy question,, how long do they last, yearly? im guessing, just looking at the links posted but havent found it yet, Oh and a Big Thankyou To You All out there for Great info on all aspects of motorhoming.

They are permanent.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It’s a €4.80 one off payment. Less than the price of a crappy French beer.

Just get it and be done with it.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Are we still only talking about 3 or 4 certain areas requiring them?
It changes daily. There are other towns and cities 'thinking about it'

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I have just received an e-mail confirming my request for a clean air sticker for my 2002 Ford Duetto. I requested a No 3 which is for my year, however they have printed a Yellow no 2 on the bottom of e-mail which is for a 1996/1997. Has any one else had this problem?
keep quiet i have a yellow sticker and mine is a euro 6

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Keep out of city centres and you'll be OK, I have one on mine a class 4 and they are for the life of the vehicle, when they wear out the vehicle self destructs.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Euro 5. Got a yellow sticker. (Class 2)
Took about 2 weeks from application to receiving the sticker. Very good service I thought.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
This thread is confusing as some state they get group 2 or 3 stickers, some say they are yellow, so they are numbered and coloured are they?
Why does a Cat 5 van get the same colour yellow sticker at a cat 6?, it makes it sounds like all those new mods to the cat 6 engines, over and above a cat 5 have been a waste of time.
But there again we are talking about the French System I suppose.
Hopefully it will be clearer when I actually go the the site and apply for it, maybe :xgrin:

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
This thread is confusing as some state they get group 2 or 3 stickers, some say they are yellow, so they are numbered and coloured are they?
Why does a Cat 5 van get the same colour yellow sticker at a cat 6?, it makes it sounds like all those new mods to the cat 6 engines, over and above a cat 5 have been a waste of time.
But there again we are talking about the French System I suppose.
I think you mean Euro 5 & Euro 6 (Cat 5 & 6 are anti theft ratings). Class 2 Yellow is the highest you can get on a diesel that applies to Euro 5 & 6.

upload_2017-12-4_23-43-17.png

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Well spotted Lenny, it was Euro 5 & 6 I was referring to, thanks for posting the above chart, great help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back