French Clean Air Certificate - France (1 Viewer)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I tried unsuccessfully yesterday to register the cars and motorhomes on this scheme.

The form didn't seem to like the CO2 figures that appeared on my V5 and which I reproduced on the form which kept rejecting it.

Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

I did eventually work out how to attach the V5 and shrink it but I kept falling at the CO2 hurdle.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Leave the CO2 box blank, it's not important.

It's the Euro class of the engine that matters, not the specific emissions and they get that from the year of the vehicle.

That's what I did, I don't even think there's a figure on my V5, and it went through with no problems.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Shock horror you are going to France ? But you hate it!!!:xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Shock horror you are going to France ? But you hate it!!!:xgrin:

I do but sometimes you have to drive through it to get somewhere nice. I wouldn't bother but next Summer I will be going to Spain via Lyon:xangry:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Do you need one when bypassing Lyon or just for the centre of town?

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002

No, only if you are going into the centre of the city - same with Paris and Grenoble. Toulouse has just introduced it this month (only when air pollution peaks) but through traffic isn't affected.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No, only if you are going into the centre of the city - same with Paris and Grenoble. Toulouse has just introduced it this month (only when air pollution peaks) but through traffic isn't affected.
Surely then @Chris doesn't need one then if he’s only passing by

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Surely then @Chris doesn't need one then if he’s only passing by

I was just a bit worried that I might take a wrong turn and wander into the City.

I have done it before ...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I was just a bit worried that I might take a wrong turn and wander into the City.

Maybe worth checking if your sat nav has custom avoidance zones such as Environmental Zones

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

Or, there's a diversion off the main route for any reason. That concerns us more than actually WANTING to go to the middle of wherever cos on a few occasions over the years we've been diverted off the peripheriques and other ring road/motorways and you know how French diversion signs seem to disappear if you happen to be going North rather than South, etc ! Still - better now than when the only place that was signposted was Paris!

You break down and have to be recovered - fine you'll arrive at the garage under le tour Eiffel on the back of a recovery truck so NP - but then can't move it after they mend it!

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
I tried unsuccessfully yesterday to register the cars and motorhomes on this scheme.

The form didn't seem to like the CO2 figures that appeared on my V5 and which I reproduced on the form which kept rejecting it.

Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction?

I did eventually work out how to attach the V5 and shrink it but I kept falling at the CO2 hurdle.

OK how did you manage to attach the downsized V5?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You need one for the City Centre but the main arterial route north/south through the City, the A6 and A7, signposted “Marseille”, is outside the scheme.

You can safely travel through Lyon on that road. We always do so, on our way down to Burgundy, as it breaks the journey and there are good views of the Basilica, the river and some interesting architecture.

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
I have managed to submit the form only by scanning it onto my partner's Apple macbook, it then was so easy. He used the same scanner as me and the same quality (there is a selection of sizes you can scan at) then it was so easy to attach. The document was stored straight away as a jpeg, so no faffing around. Hopefully we will get the certificate soon.

Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
HI All
I will be traveling though France next week and looking at the map I will have to travel though a Green Zone Traveling down the N154 to Chartres.I have applied for a disc but It will not arrive before I set off.
What I want to know is can I still travel though the area if I don’t have the sticker, if the pollution level for the day of travel is below the permitted amount.
Dave

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
They should send you an email receipt with the sticker on it that you can show if stopped (y)

image.png

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
Yes I got one of those safely tucked away as my sticker will be in Scotland and I am enroute there. It was easy once we got the jpeg format. I hate Adobe it always gives me grief!

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Checked my vehicle details on line with dvla ,it states a 0 co2 reading. So that's what I put in, no probs.

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
to avoid complications only fill in the required boxes. My CO2 had a decimal in it which was refused. So left it blank and it was OK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back