French campsites open all year (1 Viewer)

2escapees

Deleted User
I have a complete list of French campsites that are open all year. What is the best way to post it on this site?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have a complete list of French campsites that are open all year. What is the best way to post it on this site?

Thanks, that would be very useful. If you email them to me I can put them on the site for you, either as a download or in the campsite review section.:thumb:

OP
OP

2escapees

Deleted User
Will do. It is such a glorious day here, hot and sunny that we are off out but I will do it later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
French campsites open all year????

Could you tell me where the list of the camp sites will be posted please, this info will be very useful indeed!!

Thanks

Ginny

holy1hobby

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
Did this list ever get posted ?

V

vanessa

Deleted User
It won't be a "complete list" anyway, as not all campsites are on "a list". For example, our stop-over isn't listed anywhere yet, yet we're open all year with hard-standings so no risk of getting bogged-down in winter.

F

flemija

Deleted User
french campsites

Have you posted this yet? I am unable to tell you how to post it but I would like to get access to it. If you don't post the list can you please e-mail me a copy?
john.fleming@bgateway.com
Thanks in anticipation
John

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It won't be a "complete list" anyway, as not all campsites are on "a list". For example, our stop-over isn't listed anywhere yet, yet we're open all year with hard-standings so no risk of getting bogged-down in winter.

Your on my list Vanessa. :thumb:

One day we wil drive down the A20, then ................ :winky:

B

binsurf

Deleted User
hi

I`m going to France next week,I was wondering whether it was safe to camp overnight in paris,can anyone recommend a free or inexpensive place?

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Unfortunately I don't know Paris well enough to advise fully, but I do know there are certain "arondissments", or zones, that are much rougher than others.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
I`m going to France next week,I was wondering whether it was safe to camp overnight in paris,can anyone recommend a free or inexpensive place?

Hi

I stayed on a camp site right in the centre of paris quite a few years ago.
I think this is the web site here or here and Link Removed and Link Removed and its open 365 days a year.

and this is where its located on google maps here (with directions to Champs-Elysées), very close to the Champs-Elysées, I remember walking there from the campsite.

N&K:thumb:

Last edited:

dianadew

Free Member
Jan 13, 2009
Funster No
We are so interested in your list of the winter open campsites - I'm panicking a bit cos we're off to Portugal on Sun.18th & am really concerned about where to stay whilst travelling down. We've only been to France in Jan. once before & it was a nightmare trying to find somewhere to sleep for an overnight stop. We really aren't keen to use the Aires because of all the terrible stories you hear. Many thanks & look forward to hearing from you, Diana & Bill

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Helloooo, bonjour, welcome , bienvenue....:ROFLMAO::roflmto::winky:

I'm Frankie, the little frenchie female frog !
I don't know which way you 'll be going down south to Portugal BUT if you happen to go through TOULOUSE , i'll be delighted to offer you a secure night on the stadium(i'm the keeper!) Big gate , police station is our neighbour , and free park place with electricity and water.
Any question, just ask on this thread or PM me , it's up to you!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

hornet

Free Member
Aug 19, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Yodeli,
We expect to be in the Toulouse area about 21st. 22nd. of this month on our way to Spain.

Does your offer apply to all?
If so could you PM me with Directions and phone no.

Thanks in advance, Terry.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Yodeli,
We expect to be in the Toulouse area about 21st. 22nd. of this month on our way to Spain.

Does your offer apply to all?
If so could you PM me with Directions and phone no.

Thanks in advance, Terry.

Hi Terry!

Sure! i'm a bit busy right now, but i'll PM you tomorrow!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
We really aren't keen to use the Aires because of all the terrible stories you hear

Hi Diana & Bill

Please don't assume that French Aires are dangerous, just because of a few horror stories. It seems to be human nature that people enjoy frightening one another - how many of these stories do you KNOW to be true?

We always use aires when traversing France. It is just not worth the hassle (and cost) of driving around trying to find a campsite that is somewhere near your route, and open, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a quick overnight park.

And in over two years of fulltiming abroad, we have only met a tiny number of people who have first hand experience of robbery - and most of them have been honest enough to admit to being in a deep wine-induced sleep. But we have met many, many people who like us use aires routinely without problem.

So please, don't let misguided doom-mongers spoil your plans. With sensible precautions and a bit of common sense, the French aires are safe and very convenient.

Bruce

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Paris?

Hi

Ive read somewhere that you can Overnight at Disney? Most probably if you are visiting (of course!!). any one else know about that?

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back