french campite with FISHING recomendations (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I am looking for recomendations for a French campsite around 350 max miles from Calais that has fishing on site or very very close (for my son-in-law, not me, I eat them but dont/cant chatch them). It has also to be good for small kids and is not stupid prices.

We left it a little late to book due to other stuff, but somewhere around the Loire? or somewhere else completely?

Cant do Aires as "they" have a caravan

any recommendations as I’m getting no were trolling the net

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This one was posted by Ollie on my Google map .. haven't visited myself so can't comment .. but knowing Ian he wouldn't post a bad site ..

Camping Belle Riviere
.. on the banks of the Loire, (with fishing)

Location Map

Another is Twin Lakes.. run by a British couple .. but maybe too far south
Fishing

One of the main activities on site is of course fishing.

The caravan site has two fishing lakes. The top lake, which is set in, the wooded area is mainly for experienced fishermen, with Carp at 20lb plus. A small daily fee is charged for this and all catches must be released. In May 2005 within 3 hours one of our guests bagged a total catch of 140lb. He was so pleased with the fishing on site he booked again for later in the year bringing the whole family for a holiday in France.

If you wish to go fishing in France, you are required to obtain a fishing permit from the local fishing tackle shop a short drive away in Montendre. There are lots of ideal locations for day fishing in Charente Maritime, which we are more than happy to help with.

The bottom lake is of mixed fish and is free of charge to all guests in our mobile homes. Again our policy is catch and release. The lake is an ideal spot for eating out at night on the island where picnic benches are set aside for such activities (how romantic).

Link Removed

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Fishing for what? Carp, trout, coarse ..... sea? river? lake?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Fishing for what? Carp, trout, coarse ..... sea? river? lake?

he does manly lake, river in that order no sea fishing, carp springs to mind, (you can tell Im no fisherperson) benifits for me is he goes fishing I get to spoil my grandson

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We stayed a couple of nights here two years ago in Normandy on the Cherbourg Peninsula

Link Removed

There were a lot of people fishing and whilst we were there I saw some very large carp landed.

It was only a 15 minute walk into the town from the campsite. The site was clean and pleasant, and the pool was nice for the kids and they had some kids play areas..

It's about 280 miles from Calais but obviously much closer from Cherbourg, Caen, Le havre etc..

Prices here.. Link Removed

I think you can also pay a little bit more for a pitch right next to the lake so you can fish next to your van.

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Camping Le Vivier Aux Carpes,
10 Rue Charles Voyeux,
Seraucourt-Le-Grand

Tel 03 23 60 50 10,

English spoken :thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
We stayed a couple of nights here two years ago in Normandy on the Cherbourg Peninsula

Link Removed

There were a lot of people fishing and whilst we were there I saw some very large carp landed.

It was only a 15 minute walk into the town from the campsite. The site was clean and pleasant, and the pool was nice for the kids and they had some kids play areas..

It's about 280 miles from Calais but obviously much closer from Cherbourg, Caen, Le havre etc..
QUOTE]

big thanks for the info:thumb:, weve now booked this site, the reception people were very helpfull and my son in law is looking forward to catching the big one:Eeek: (yea like thats gonig to happen:ROFLMAO:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back