French Aires website (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
park4night work also offline with the PRO subscription (9,99 €/year)
Then you can download database (24 000 POIs) to your smartphone/tablet (Android/iOs/Windows Phone)

Took a look at your website Frederic - didn't think it was going to be any good, but I was genuinely surprised how easy it was to use. Its a shame the reviews are not translated into English.

Would I invest 10Euro in the App when I already have Campercontact? - probably not, especially as Campercontact is only 4Euro (from memory)

Will certainly look at the web version again.

Regards
Robert

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Took a look at your website Frederic - didn't think it was going to be any good, but I was genuinely surprised how easy it was to use. Its a shame the reviews are not translated into English.

Would I invest 10Euro in the App when I already have Campercontact? - probably not, especially as Campercontact is only 4Euro (from memory)

Regards
Robert
You don't have to have much of a signal for it to work on your phone(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You don't have to have much of a signal for it to work on your phone(y)
Campercontact works offline too, once you've downloaded the specific country maps you want, though to be honest I've rarely been without 3G in Europe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Regards
Robert

Thx Robert for you commentary and you're right, translations are actually one of our bigger work.
From the app there is a button to translate a review (review per review)
Campercontact is a good app.
You can test our application for free with an internet connexion and make your own choice.
Important is for you to find a simple way to enjoy you travells in camper.

Regards

Fred

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Because, for France: CCI contains locations that Campercontact does not; CCI is structured by Departements whilst Campercontact is structured by Regions which can make finding an aire harder; because I like reading the comments on CCI by the local camping caristes (often giving good advice about the aire) and finally, because I like CCI and will continue to use it. Bruno, the originator and webmaster, has put in a huge amount of work building and maintaining CC-Infos and I think it deserves patronage.

CCI also covers most European countries and contains information on Camperstops (aires), Service Points, 'Tolerated' and Official Overnight Parking locations, and Campsites. I regard the fact that it is in French as an opportunity to stimulate the 'grey cells' and try to keep my very limited French at least usable.

I also think Campercontact is an excellent website, app and system. Why limit oneself to only one source though when there are options? (y)
I'm with you on that, Jean-Luc - I've been using CCI for years and find it great. I have bought the aires on a memory stick several times which you can go through off line and also downloaded POIs to my TomTom.
I have also contributed several aires to CCI in the past.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We've been using the Campingcar-Infos website and POI's for years, I think it was the the first 'proper' site for searching for aires and stopovers and I like to think its the daddy of them all for a good spread of stopovers all over Europe and beyond. I would agree though that it could do with a bit of a makeover but i'm loyal to it as it was the first one I used.

Having said that there are a few good up and coming pretenders to the throne now (campercontact, Park4night etc) and I always find it best to have a few up your sleeve to refer to as its virtually impossible for one site to cover them all, having a couple tends to cover any omissions from each site.

I always refer to CC-Infos first though, long may it thrive :)

Pete
Yes, they were the first comprehensive site for aires and I still go there first!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back