French Aires guide (1 Viewer)

Jan 15, 2012
north london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Hi, I've seen some guides to the French Aires advertised at crazy prices - £30.00+. Also I tried to order one direct from France a couple of years ago and it never arrived. Does anyone know if I can get one cheaper and where from - also whether they are worth having? We usually use Municipal campsites which are generally great, but you do sometimes get caught out when touring.

Would welcome anyone's advice!
:Smile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
http://www.campingcar-infos.com

French online Aire Guide that's permanently up to date and includes free SatNav POI downloads of pretty much every Aire in France and elsewhere. We use it to plan all our trips, then simply set the SatNav to our chosen destinations.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i always buy in france much cheaper .and helps you learn new words as well .recomend la monde camping car aires de service . book . my favourite . about 4 quid .

OP
OP
P
Jan 15, 2012
north london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
i always buy in france much cheaper .and helps you learn new words as well .recomend la monde camping car aires de service . book . my favourite . about 4 quid .

Thanks to all - will order the one from vicarious. Love this forum!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi . Besides vicarous books ( which I puchased all the aires and camperstop, with camperstop you can down load all there aires direct on to your satnav) , I use a website motorhomingfrance.co.uk £12 memembership a year, very good all the info on a whole load of aires all in english with actual reviews mostly by Alan who runs the site, photos and good map refs also street maps to aires personally cant fault them, What i did was print out the areas i planned to visit so as to have hard copy just in case laptop connection not good . Also look on this site at french aires ( shame the MAP has dissappeared.) or contact Heyupluv who lives in france he's a great help. Terry ( FIDGET):thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've seen that site but you can't view any of the samples to see if it gives anything more than All The Aires. God knows why they call em samples. To me that lack of a taster means it's probably a scam. I know you are saying it isn't but I personally like to compare stuff to see if it's value for money.

Nobody else's idea of brilliant is exactly the same as your own ..... :Smile:

TBH I like it in a book, half the places we go you can't get a phone signal so wifi's pretty unlikely and you still need to know where you're going that day - whether there's coverage or not. We don't plan ahead much really, holidays are spent where the road leads us, or which direction the sky looks clearest.

We've spent 40 years pre-planning where we're going - we like not knowing!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back