FRENCH AIRES AND TRAILERS (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I tow a side loading trailer with my little Honda on it. Will it be a problem on Aires? Your thoughts and experience welcome!

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Think it depends on what space there is, am on an aire in coulon àat the moment there is loads of space and there are 3 motorhomes with trailers here now so think you just need to check it out before entering also check any rules about does and donts at aire entrance, things seem very laid back

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
You can research Aires before you, some are plenty large enough for a trailer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Aires are for Motorhomes, not trailers. However, some have spaces long enough to take a trailer and a motorhome so shouldn't be a problem but don't put your trailer on a space which could have been used by a motorhome when there are no others paces available. If you do you wil be asked/told to move it. It would be a good idea where you can,to leave the trailer off the aire, subject to it being safe.

I am on an aire which has six spaces. Five are occupied by Motorhomes and if another motorhome arrived and wanted the last space I am sure anyone leaving a trailer in it would be asked to move it.

On large Aires where there is plenty of space you should be fine.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We are on our way home from Spain we have used Aires going down and are using them coming home we have a 4.5m car trailer as long as you do your research and make sure you have room to park up you won't get any problems.This is St Georges des coteaus image.jpeg

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I will be using Dieppe in September and, according to campingcar-infos "les remorques sont interdit" trailers are prohibited on both their aires. However, I have looked on "street view" and can see that there is plenty of space just outside the sea-front aire for me to park the trailer, suitably secured, of course.

J

OP
OP
DiggerJon
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Thanks everyone for your reassurances. I shall travel with a lighter heart and mind on my first solo trip to France.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you are towing a trailer you are a tugger. Banned from Aires and moved to the other side

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I've never had any problems, just choose an Aire which does not have designated bays which restricts you. These are the Aires we stay on on our winter trips to Spain and Portugal.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Never had a problem either.. 36ft RV with a twin axle box trailer.. used plenty of aires.. there is no 'ban' on trailers.. they are NOT caravans.

there will of course be aires where there is not enough space or spaces .. so move on.. don't hog a space with a trailer.

Unhitch and push it to the side or onto spare ground.. so make sure you have a way of securing it.. wheel clamp or hitch lock..

just use common sense and be considerate..

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Just to add our vote, we always use aires and we always tow a trailer with our RV. Had a few tight times but
have always made it in or out! There are thousands of aires, you'll always find one large enough to fit on.

Mick

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Never had a problem towing a car at an aire. (Except when some ppl park too close)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back