Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I,m looking for a "tabletop" or 40-50ltr freezer that i would probably put in the garage of the MH. The normal Weaco etc etc, are very expensive, has anyone seen a 240 version that could possibly be run through an inverter. I,m assuming that overnight when not on 240v, the freezer would more or less retain its temp, so it could rum through the inverter the rest of the time??

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, what ever you decide dont buy it till you have tried it with your inverter . certainly some fridges are fussy, work with some inverters but not others . a friend as tried a few inverters, finds some let it start then cut out. i ran my last fridge for 6 years with my inverter but it wont work his new fridge. a cheap chinese one from maroc seems to manage it . another mate just bought a new fridge he as the same problem. my old fridge died this year cant find a place that will let me try it first. think a good old seconhand one is the way.
at home i power the house fridge and the fullsize freezer through the inverter in the truck . well it works in summer . extension lead into house.
let us know how you get on .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Link Removed

I,m looking at this one at the moment, ive sent some questions.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Can you post your findings please, I've been looking for one for ages must be a proper freezer though as some only do a set temp below ambient, not the same as a proper freezer.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I will, but just a reminder, it is a FREEZER only i am looking at, no fridge needed as i have one in the MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back