Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Hi all. I want to fit a sat box into my Comanche but want to keep the freeview box etc. looking at the wiring of the freeview box I hope to be able to fit a 2 way splitter switch to be able to switch between the freeview box and the new sat box. Can anyone tell me what the connections on the freeview box are?
I have tags on the leads that read:
Yellow - Roof monitor
yellow - tuner out
Red & white - tuner out
Red & white - TFT audio
Yellow - DVD in.

I know that yellow are video and red/white are audio.

Which 3 are the video signal from the freeview box to the flip down screen and sound to the head unit?

Cheers

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry can't help you as we are going the other way with a 12 volt tv with built in free view and DVD, we have an older tv in the spare bedroom with a bunch of wires and a separate box but didn't want to go that way in the Moho.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
If you have the system with the knob to switch from dvd to tv there is another position on the knob and there are spare red yellow and white socket on the selector plug into them and put the knob in the third position job done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks for the replies. I don't have the system with a knob! My system has a freeview box in the cupboard where the Sargent box lives above and behind the drivers seat and a DVD/radio head unit in the dash.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi all. I want to fit a sat box into my Comanche but want to keep the freeview box etc. looking at the wiring of the freeview box I hope to be able to fit a 2 way splitter switch to be able to switch between the freeview box and the new sat box. Can anyone tell me what the connections on the freeview box are?
I have tags on the leads that read:
Yellow - Roof monitor
yellow - tuner out
Red & white - tuner out
Red & white - TFT audio
Yellow - DVD in.

I know that yellow are video and red/white are audio.

Which 3 are the video signal from the freeview box to the flip down screen and sound to the head unit?

Cheers
Logically:

Yellow - Roof Monitor = video signal out to screen

Red & white - TFT audio = audio to head unit

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks Tony. I'll try disconnecting tomorrow to see what effect each connection has then write it down! Cheers

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks Tony. I'll try disconnecting tomorrow to see what effect each connection has then write it down! Cheers

If it doesn't work I have a 12 year old here who does all my connections, iPaddy stuff for Mrs BB, updates for Android etc etc, and her charges are minimal! :D
Where would we be without tech savvy kids?(y)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Red& white + yellow that state Tuner out should be the audio/video output feed to the TV.

Red/white TFT audio + yellow DVD should be inputs.

Hymie.

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Mmmmmm, i was hoping that someone would know! I don't have a freeview signal here so I can't check the freeview sound out connections by disconnecting. I'll play some more later!

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Bit of an update now I've had a play! The yellow -roof monitor feeds video to the drop down screen. Yellow - DVD in is the video signal from the DVD that's visible on the drop down screen when AVA in is selected on the remote. The yellow - tuner out and red/white audio out go to the head unit for sound and picture on the head unit. I have no idea what the Red/white - TFT audio in are for. Anyone help?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Just come back off a wifi less holiday,not paying (€18 euros a week for it!) and found your post. We have a 2010 Savannah and wanted to do the same.
I went for a three way switch off ebay, freeview,DVD,and sat
and some av leads. I've just looked in the van and the TFT audio leads are still pluged into the digibox and dissapear off into the loom so I obviously found it was'nt necessary to do anything with them! The only thing I don't get is a sat picture on the head unit
no hardship! £20 Instead of the £150 plus parts quoted by a dealer,and he said you have to strip out the cab lining!

Hope this helps Richard

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks Richard. Any idea what connections you did use? Attached is the wiring diagram sent to me by Autotrail. It isn't really clear which audio/video connection does what but I think I'll be able to work it out once I can get a freeview signal then do a bit of unplugging! Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back