FreeSat SD (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I recently purchased a Freesat receiver and connected it to my sat dish that was already set to Sky and everything worked fine,

However my problem is that i use the SKY boxes own signal strength meter to set the dish up, but when i checked the signal strength meter arrangements in the new FreeSat SD box (Grundig) it didn't respond as the SKY one does, actually the strength bars didn't move at all, where as the SKY one that is built into the SKY box responds even on the slightest movement and makes the setting up of teh dish very easy.

Any suggestions on what i can use as a replacement for the signal strength meter would be welcome,

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
probably because they are looking at two different frequencies.

the sky box when you look atthe services 4,6 siganl meter will look at the frequency of the default transponder - normally 11778v.
depending which freesat receiver you use will depend how you are using the inbuilt meter there - on screen with a tv picture will be usuing that channels frequency - which could be a horizontal frequenccy which will react differently to the Vertical frequency of Sky box.
Also, dont forget that all receivers have different tuners inside and they all work differently - a pace 2600 and a pace 430 look exactly the same but have differnet tuners inside, but the 430 has a slightly weaker tuner inside and so some channels here on the costa blanca are lost

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back