Freedom campers find Gisborne friendly (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This is in NZ..

Becoming Motorhome Friendly offers significant economic benefits to your city. Research shows motorhome tourism is worth more than $650 million per annum to New Zealand and its new motorhome-friendly status will help ensure Gisborne, and indeed, the whole of the East Coast, gets its fair share of that revenue," Mr Hamilton said.

A fact not yet fully appreciated by many of our towns.. particularly those who are motorhome unfriendly..

Read Full Story

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I do understand the problems we have over here but a 24hr limit strongly enforced would help. A applaud towns and cities with the for thought to cater for us, after staying in Hawick I sent both the council and tourist office an email thanking them for the dedicated bays and received lovely replies thanking me for my comments.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Interesting comment from the NZMCA "We have helped fund the installation of more than 150 dump stations around the country and our local Eastland area members are certainly keen to assist council to install a public dump station at a suitable site here in Gisborne."

Perhaps if a motorhome organisation (or, indeed, one or more private individuals getting together) offered such funding to LAs then it might be a way to make progress :)

Funsters might also consider sending a link to the article to the Leader and Chief Exec of their own LA and asking them to set up a meeting to discuss such a development in their town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back