Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Why does that matter o_O?
It worked for Janine, so that's good.
If doesn't work for you - then no loss, it cost you nothing :whistle:.
Seriously, can no-one be happy about a service improvement - even if it's not perfect for every individual demands.
:rolleyes:

Really? What is good? Saying that we are proved wrong by getting a good service on a Sunday afternoon in February when the site is likely to be under occupied doesn't compare to using it on a busy evening. It may be a service improvement but it could be assumed that is wasn't pushed to its limit was it? Hence my question.

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
Really? What is good? Saying that we are proved wrong by getting a good service on a Sunday afternoon in February when the site is likely to be under occupied doesn't compare to using it on a busy evening. It may be a service improvement but it could be assumed that is wasn't pushed to its limit was it? Hence my question.
See my comment above.

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
I saw it. I was going to ask if you had used the service before the upgrade to the system.
I haven't used any site WiFi for a number of years as it had been very poor on occasions. I was pleasantly surprised at how reliable this free version was. Being half term there were quite a few kids about and as they weren't using the play area they were probably attached to some device or other, so I should think it was being quite heavily used at times.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We stayed at Keswick c and cc site last weekend payed for wifi £1 per night for three nights never managed to log on no frequency waste of time. Not bothered about three quid just wanted wifi to work!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Pitched up at Scone C&CC site, free WiFi is 1.6 mbs download and 0.64 mbs upload. More than adequate for email and simple browsing. Why didn't they do this years ago!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
We are sitting doing our emails and browsing the web on Derwentwater C&CC site, site completely full, WiFi speed excellent (haven’t tried streaming) and all free! First Class!!

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Not sure this would make any difference, the weak point is the shared site network which would still be used even with a VPN.
The whole point of a VPN connection is that it creates a secure encrypted tunnel for your data, from your local device across the local network and over the internet, direct to your VPN provider who then sends your connection out to the Internet. So long as you trust your VPN provider then your data is secure.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We’re sat now at Beadnell Bay CC&C site using the now included Wi-fi and it’s great. Does anyone know that if all CC&C sites use the same password?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Currently on a very busy Mofatt C&CC site. Probably in excess of 100 units on site because of local music festival. No charge WiFi has worked reliably all weekend. Can log on with more than one device at a time. 1.52 Mbps download, 1.36 Mbps upload and latency of 40 ms.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Currently on a very busy Mofatt C&CC site. Probably in excess of 100 units on site because of local music festival. No charge WiFi has worked reliably all weekend. Can log on with more than one device at a time. 1.52 Mbps download, 1.36 Mbps upload and latency of 40 ms.
Love that site, have spent a good few days there in the past couple of years.. Also great town

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back