Free PDF editor/creator website (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else needs to edit pdfs etc. I found it because I needed to cut some pages out of a pdf but not doing it often didn't want a pay one.

I've used this quite a few times now and it works perfectly, all you do is upload your pdf and then put in details of the pages you want to delete, it takes from a second to about 20 depending on the size of the original pdf (ie mb etc, not number of pages!), then you simply download the 'cut' version.

It also allows you to do other things with pdfs, such as convert them to something else, or create them. Just click on the appropriate icon from those shown. I haven't fully explored it yet but I'm sure it will be very handy for other so make sure you bookmark it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I'm always wary of uploading unsecured files \ data to tinterweb!

If you want to do similar offline for free try this.
This is what it looks like and shows the functionality.
1574236039089.png

Gromett
I could very well be wrong but is it not "Draw" rather than "Writer" in LibreOffice you can edit pdfs?:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I could very well be wrong but is it not "Draw" rather than "Writer" in LibreOffice you can edit pdfs?:unsure:

Nope, I just tested because an older version didn't allow you to edit only export. Current version allows loading, editing and saving.

My guess is Draw will allow you to create PDF as well as file handling is a central library function.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: Just checked and yes you can export PDF's from the spreadsheet as well.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
See, told you I'd be wrong!:doh:
Been ages since I've used Libre for this.
A key benefit of Libre is, of course, it's cross platform rather than PDFill which is Windows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
A key benefit of Libre is, of course, it's cross platform rather than PDFill which is Windows.
That's why I use it.

Some 10+ years ago I decided to move to linux. I did the migration gradually as I needed to continue to run my business not flap about trying to solve problems.
So I started by using only free/opensource software available on both Windows and Linux.
Thunderbird replaced Outlook
OpenOffice replaced MS Office
PHP replaced VisualBasic
Gimp Replaced paintshop pro.
MySQL replaced Access
Postfix replaced Exchange server

And the list goes on.
After a year or so, I tried various linux flavours and eventually settled on linux mint with XFCE (although currently on Cinnamon desktop)

Never looked back. I keep a windows 7 install just to play World of Warcraft with family over christmas. Each time I boot up it reminds me how crap windows is.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just in case you didn't know. Libre Office (Free) allows you to edit PDF's in writer (MS Word equivalent).

I didn't know Karl, it doesn't say a lot about it though and 'edit' can mean a lot of things, would it allow deletion of pages etc?

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I'm always wary of uploading unsecured files \ data to tinterweb!

If you want to do similar offline for free try this.
This is what it looks like and shows the functionality.
View attachment 347158

Gromett
Thanks for the info, I was looking for a Windows program to merge a lot of individual pdfs into volumes as I bought a load of old magazines from the 70's on Ebay in pdf format, worked very well and I now have 11 volumes rather than 166 pdfs! Didnt take that long either, cheers ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back