Free 'normal' Flu vaccine for those over 50 (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Our daughter is the manager of two Health Centres and she has been surprised how many over 65’s have NOT taken up the offer of the flu vaccine this year. Her staff have been contacting some of their regulars who they feel should have the “ jab “ due to other underlying issues, but they have still not taken it up.

I would guess that if that is consistent around the country that is probably why the vaccination is now being offered to the over 50’s.

BernieT
My OH's surgery keep contacting her about flu vaccination. She keeps telling them she's already had it. Hey Ho ......

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Got a text message from our surgery 2 days ago and both booked in for a "production line" administration next Wednesday, which means an orderly socially distanced queue of over 50's outside the surgery, progressing past the nurses one at a time with arm exposed :giggle:

When they did it for the over 65's a while back, the queue went half way down the high street, but everyone was dealt with very quickly.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Got a text message from our surgery 2 days ago and both booked in for a "production line" administration next Wednesday, which means an orderly socially distanced queue of over 50's outside the surgery, progressing past the nurses one at a time with arm exposed :giggle:

When they did it for the over 65's a while back, the queue went half way down the high street, but everyone was dealt with very quickly.
Some people in our village would be very jealous of you! We have over 70s here who still have not had their flu jab! Usually we get it from our surgery; production line, with one doctor and one nurse. Everybody done in one 2 hour session. This year the roll out has been given to local NHS boards and we had to go 6 miles to the nearest time. Fine if you have a car! Not so good if you don’t drive as public transport is erratic. One man caught a bus at 8.30 in order to get there in time. The next bus after his appointment was 1.30. Not really the time of year for the elderly to be hanging around outside for 5 hours!

We have not received a letter and only got our jab after I emailed our MSP, resulting in a phone call from NHS to give us an appointment. I mentioned two other couples who then also got appointments. We were lucky as that was the last day of vaccinations for over 65s.

Our FM today said GPs here will not be involved in COVID vaccinations. Probably be next Christmas before we get ours!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back