Free motorhome dimensions sticker (1 Viewer)

CaravanGuard

Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Funster No
Dear all,

Caravan Guard insurance have seen an increasing number of accidents involving motorhome roof damage caused by low barriers / bridges / car parks etc We believe there are a number of things which are causing this: the 'car-like' drive of newer motorhomes, their increasing size, sat-navs sending motorhomers down unsuitable roads, and converting between the different units of measurement (i.e. imperial and metric) when travelling around eruope.

In response to this growing problem Caravan Guard have produced some free stickers which can be placed on your fold down sun visor and filled in with your motorhomes height, width and length in both imperial and metric units.

You can get a sticker sent out to you completely free of charge, and with free postage here: www.caravanguard.co.uk/motorhomesticker

Best regards,

Caravan Guard Ltd

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I guess that is one way to farm Insurance renewal dates along with all the relevent information. I suggest as you are a trade member that you contact Jim to get the relevent monica under your name - Trade Member. Link is up on the top menu bar.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I guess that is one way to farm Insurance renewal dates along with all the relevent information. I suggest as you are a trade member that you contact Jim to get the relevent monica under your name - Trade Member. Link is up on the top menu bar.

I agree just an invitation to be bombarded with junk mail:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Don't knock em lads I thought it was a very well thought out and aimed marketing strategy. you dont have to take up their offer:Doh:
It looks like they have taken the time to read the odd post or two and you never know they might even take up some of Jims Bargain price add space :thumb:
Now all they have to do is sort me out some good Bargain price Insurance for an RV, and if they really want to win the hearts of members come up with some Full timing cover too
Geo:thumb:

OP
OP
CaravanGuard

CaravanGuard

Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Funster No
I emailed Jim to ask if we could post this offer and he was happy with it as we are not selling the sticker, and are not advertising our products.

It is a free and voluntary offer of an item which could help many motorhomers avoid damage.

best regards,

Caravan Guard Ltd

Last edited:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Another way is to make your own up.

Simply measure the dimensions of your mh and print them. You can make it look even more professional by using various graphics on your pc such as bold red circles and inserting the max measurement.

Bonus to this of course is less junk mail coming through your door!

Make your own stickers and SAVE THE PLANET!! :ROFLMAO:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Can't believe people want a sticker to remind them of these basic measurements ;but if your memory is that bad:Doh:

Link Removed

stick one of these on the windscreen (you can download these from the web)::bigsmile:
Regards

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can't believe people want a sticker to remind them of these basic measurements ;but if your memory is that bad:Doh:

As far as I am aware; If your vehicle is 3m (9' 10" high or more then its a legal requirement that you have a sticker and that the figures on that sticker have to be at least 3 inches high! :Smile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Surely this aid is beneficial, I have my own printed out in FT and Mtrs.
As it has been said why knock someone for giving something away. As far as I can see no one is being forced to apply for them.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
As far as I am aware; If your vehicle is 3m (9' 10" high or more then its a legal requirement that you have a sticker and that the figures on that sticker have to be at least 3 inches high! :Smile:

You could be right the image was just an example, and would imagine most motorhomes are below your 3m high legal limet.

Is this a legal requirement just for HGV's , When i was looking at purchasing a motorhome, and i did look at a lot and to be honest never seen such a sticker.

IMHO if you don't know your vehical height then you shouldn't be on the road.

Regards

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You could be right the image was just an example, and would imagine most motorhomes are below your 3m high legal limet.

Is this a legal requirement just for HGV's , When i was looking at purchasing a motorhome, and i did look at a lot and to be honest never seen such a sticker.

IMHO if you don't know your vehical height then you shouldn't be on the road.

Regards

I have owned 4 M/H's, all different heights, & I'm old so I don't trust much to memory. :Doh:
I made my own sticker when I bought my M/H (in meters & feet) I may not refer to it often, but I would rather check it than open a new roof vent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dose it realy matter if it's a requirement or not? If it helps one member it is worth it. See a recent post by 'Teasy' on how close they came to a disaster. :Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am happy to get a free sticker.

Generally phone around each year for best quote anyway so really doesn't hurt does it?

More trade members the better IMHO:winky:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I have owned 4 M/H's, all different heights, & I'm old so I don't trust much to memory. :Doh:
I made my own sticker when I bought my M/H (in meters & feet) I may not refer to it often, but I would rather check it than open a new roof vent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dose it realy matter if it's a requirement or not? If it helps one member it is worth it. See a recent post by 'Teasy' on how close they came to a disaster. :Eeek:

Yep, me too - and it includes length, width, fuel capacity, and water and waste capacities, (just as a reminder about payload more than anything else :RollEyes:) but it's not in pretty blue colour just a credit card sized laminated white card (bo-o-o-o-o-oring :roflmto:)

John

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have made up one of these too!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Left<<<<<<<<<<aisle>>>>>>>>>Right

S

sinbad1

Deleted User

If you don't trust your memory then you have done the sensible thing and made your own sticker.

As for does it matter if its a legal requirment or not, i dissagree if it is a legal requirement as Jim say's then members with motorhomes in access of 3M would be liable if they did not display a sticker 3" high:Sad:

Maybe caravan guard need to review their sticker:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you don't trust your memory then you have done the sensible thing and made your own sticker.

As for does it matter if its a legal requirment or not, i dissagree if it is a legal requirement as Jim say's then members with motorhomes in access of 3M would be liable if they did not display a sticker 3" high:Sad:

Maybe caravan guard need to review their sticker:ROFLMAO:

It is the law

Link Removed

Of course most people are going to remember the height of their vehicle, but I am sure many of us have had to stop and think for a second or two at a height barrier, especially in a new vehicle so a reminder is a good idea. I am sure that it is not the law because of those of us with bad memories, rather its for those HGV drivers that are in a different vehicle every day.

Fact is most lutons are over 10 feet so we should all have the sticker. Me I am 14ft and 16 when I forget to lower the TV Ariel

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Sorry, misunderstanding. I meant even if it's not a legal requirement just do it, you know it makes sense. ::bigsmile:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Sorry, misunderstanding. I meant even if it's not a legal requirement just do it, you know it makes sense. ::bigsmile:

I know what your saying, most of the motorhomes excluding luton and rv's and alike are around the 2.8m - 3.0m not difficult to remember, mines 2.95m to be honest i don't think i'll forget that ;but as you say doesn't harm to have a reminder.

Regards

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
well i have asked for one
saves me the bother of getting/making one
e mails go to the the alternative e mail address and computer
for junk mails/not sure pile and wait
dosnt matter if i open them then

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
Never look a gift horse...?

i guess that is one way to farm insurance renewal dates along with all the relevent information. I suggest as you are a trade member that you contact jim to get the relevent monica under your name - trade member. Link is up on the top menu bar.

if you think they are going to bombard you with junk mail, don;t get one, but it could be they are genuinely offering help on something.

Lighten up!

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
if anyones at the stratford show, just come and see us (in the kampenwagen) and i'll make you up a height, length and width sticker on my vinyl cutter,

have got the primary colours, so can colour co-ordinate it to your van :Smile:

my van is about 2.85 meters high, but i use 3 meters as my height to be on the safe side, tho i did once go under a 2.8 meter tall bridge, but had sam looking out the roof window to make sure we'd fit,

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Iv'e forgotten how tall my mh is and how wide :roflmto:. Its as has been said, your merrily driving along a country road, turn a bend and woudnt you know it there's a hight restriction: "HAZARD", a moment of panick (more worried about the trip back in reverse) and then a dive into the glove and come out with a sheet o paper height, width, length. Phew thats ok.

As some have said, you will get junk mail anyway, you just press the delete button. At least its an effort by the Insurance Company who have obviousley put a bit of thought into it even if it is a marketing ploy.

Lets not be too cynical. Now what was that I was going to do ????? :Blush:

Cheers

Jim
:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Link Removed

stick one of these on the windscreen (you can download these from the web)::bigsmile:
Regards
I think you will find that by law if your vehicle is over a certain height It must be stasted on the Dashboard. Not sure of min heght but mine at 3.5 mtrs is required to have one, how about it Geo what is the appropriate rule.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think you will find that by law if your vehicle is over a certain height It must be stasted on the Dashboard. Not sure of min heght but mine at 3.5 mtrs is required to have one, how about it Geo what is the appropriate rule.

Hi Roger

From construction and use regs

Since 1997 The height of all vehicles over 3 mt. MUST be displayed in the cab

Jim

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Dont knock a firm because you can !!!

:cry:I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOUR RESPONSES !!!!!! A FIRM OFFERS TO HELP OUT WITH SOME PRODUCT THAT IS NEAT & TIDY AND YOU SLAM THE DOOR IN THEIR FACE.. JUST GET A LIFE... WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE !!!!!! This firm gave me the best quote for insurance including recovery and when I had a blowout on the M5 they were there for me.....So I renewed my policy last week because of the service they gave me !!
NOT a rant, just supporting a firm that delivers...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
it's a good idea to have the details on view anyways,

like i mentioned earlier, anyone at the stratford show, come over to the kampenwagen when i'm around (on the 2nd from last row on the clubs pitch) and i'll make you up a height sticker on the vinyl cutter, will be free, but if you want anything else doing in vinyl... just ask, will be cheap.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
really sorry for anyone who tried to get a vinyl sticker making up today from us, i've been in a bit of pain with my joints, so stayed in bed till this afternoon as it was still chucking it down,

apparantly a couple of people had tried to see me, but seeing our van all shut up, thought we were out, and someone else couldent find us apparantly.

We are the Iveco coachbuilt on the 2nd from rear line towards the trade area, between 2 american rv's, we have a blue transalp motorbike for sale at the back of the van.... goto the trade stand entrance near the racecourse, and look back on the clubs pitch.

Hopefully tommorow will be better weather, and we'll be up at a better time,

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
free sticker

Dear all,

Caravan Guard insurance have seen an increasing number of accidents involving motorhome roof damage caused by low barriers / bridges / car parks etc We believe there are a number of things which are causing this: the 'car-like' drive of newer motorhomes, their increasing size, sat-navs sending motorhomers down unsuitable roads, and converting between the different units of measurement (i.e. imperial and metric) when travelling around eruope.

In response to this growing problem Caravan Guard have produced some free stickers which can be placed on your fold down sun visor and filled in with your motorhomes height, width and length in both imperial and metric units.

You can get a sticker sent out to you completely free of charge, and with free postage here: www.caravanguard.co.uk/motorhomesticker

Best regards,

Caravan Guard Ltd
thanks guys if its something for nothing i'll have two:ROFLMAO: and i am more than happy for you to get in touch and offer a quote when my insurance is due:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back