Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Previously fitted to 1999 Georgieboy Landau on Chevy P32 Chassis.

To fit this rack to the RV, you must first have 2 off 2" square sockets welded to the underside of the chassis rails........... at the rear end..........errrrr, obviously!. :Eeek:::bigsmile:
The rack simply plugs into these in seconds and is secured with heavy duty quick release spring pins.

The rack was bespoke designed by myself (an aircraft engineer of 20 years experience) and proffesionally welded (I'm a designer, not a welder! ::bigsmile: ) The rack has been used for the last 4 years to carry a Honda CBF250 at 140kg with no signs of stress or fatigue failures in either the material or the welds.

My personal opinion is that this rack is far safer and far more stable than the usual offerings mounted on just one centre hitch point which have an unseen tendancy to "see-saw".

If you're quick, you can see the required sockets on my RV before my pride and joy goes to her new home next Friday.

3 miles from junction 19 of the M6, Cheshire.

Free to a good home..................tho' a couple of bottles of cheap plonk would be very much appreciated! ::bigsmile:

Paul.

07979 290950

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Two answers............
1. Not a clue!::bigsmile: I designed it 4 years ago and I've had a kip since then!::bigsmile:

2. No.............sorry.:Sad:

If you're realy interested I can take one sometime this weekend but your avatar/write up states a Mclouse, I very much doubt the rack would be suitable?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
HI :Smile:

Just bought our first motorhome in florida and waiting for it to arrive.

Its a Gulfstream Sunvoyager & I'm sure I saw some sort of tow bar at the back, but it was square and not like t he UK Ball & socket. Will it fit this?

Thanks,

Andy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Andy
Paul's not logged on at the Mo so I will try an answer for him
In a word No it wont fit the tow bar on your motor home(RV) What you have is a standard American tow ball socket (dead centre of the vehicle) and when these are fitted with a bike rack they tend to See saw a little,
Given Paul's background as an Aircraft teckie this was unacceptable.
So he had two tow bar sockets welded to his framework spaced apart, therefor the rack has two sections that slide into these instead of the standard centre one, so your tow bar could be modified to suite OR you could modify Paul's rack to fit a centre mount, either way will require proficient welding,to achieve this
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Just to add to Geo's post, extra weld-on hitch receiver tubes are available but you would need to know the spacing between the shafts on the bike rack in order to ascertain whether or not your existing receiver bar set-up would interfere with the correct fitting of the additional tubes.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I'm in the market for a rack (in the process of getting one from Linda) for my 500 cc Kawasaki.

If Linda's OK and it was suitable luv it.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
John, to have Paul's you would need the two extra receiver fittings welded to your existing towhitch frame as outlined in the above posts.............I can't get these right away as my order flies today.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
John, to have Paul's you would need the two extra receiver fittings welded to your existing towhitch frame as outlined in the above posts.............I can't get these right away as my order flies today.

Oh okey dokey stick with the one from you:winky::thumb:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Two answers............
1. Not a clue!::bigsmile: I designed it 4 years ago and I've had a kip since then!::bigsmile:

2. No.............sorry.:Sad:

If you're realy interested I can take one sometime this weekend but your avatar/write up states a Mclouse, I very much doubt the rack would be suitable?

It has been modified and has a full steel chassis with tow bar, if it has not gone I would appreciate a photo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back