Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
Chalabre, South of France
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 2008
On 2nd September the small medieval village of Chalabre will be holding its first Fete de Jazz. More than 35 musicians of all types are flying in from around the world to perform in the village market place.

This year the festival is completely free and is timed to coincide with the marriage of Vinx, an internationally-renowned jazz singer who lives in Chalabre and who has shared the stage with names including Stevie Wonder, the Stones and Sting.

Chalabre has a campsite, Camping Municipal, which is just a ten minute walk into the village. Pitches are grass and some are shaded. The website says that there are 45 pitches but I think a more realistic figure might be 20. There is a cafe on site, serving snacks, ice cream, etc. In the village you'll find bars, cafes, a restaurant, butchers, bakers, pharmacist and so on.

Contact number is 0033 468 692992 or 0033 622 451574 (I think you'll need to speak French) or via email on http://www.campingfrance.com/demande-information?camping_id=8627

Chalabre nestles in the foothills of the Pyrenees, about 69 miles (111 kilometres) south of Toulouse.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I will be in France in September and would love to attend but Chalabre is just too far South for me unless i decide to continue on to Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back