May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Just a thought,
What about a section somewhere in fun that lists various events (approx dates & details etc) across the country, perhaps in chronological order so people holidaying get some ideas.
Such as Bristol balloon fiesta, 2nd w/end Aug,
or Bridgewater Illuminated carnival nearest 1st sat Nov.

Come on Funsters lets have your recommendations

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Could this go in "Events" - "monthly/weekly view" - and also include those meets that aren't put into "Upcoming Rallies" [with apologies to TheTwoOfUs for the annoying expression!]

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bumping again.... does anyone get a free magazine from their council (or maybe some other quarter) of all the events taking place in their town over the next three months or so?

May be worth looking and then can post on here if suitable for motorhomers .... you may be surprised as someone may be interested in going. Just a thought.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Good idea, we get a free parish magazine but it only includes a couple of villages so not really of relevance on here, but some of the larger areas might have something better (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Good idea, we get a free parish magazine but it only includes a couple of villages so not really of relevance on here, but some of the larger areas might have something better (y)

Hi Dux, if a village event it might be worth looking at if on a farmer's field or something or opposite a camp site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Dux, if a village event it might be worth looking at if on a farmer's field or something or opposite a camp site.
Good point, Joy and thanks for pointing it out. Will keep an eye on the Parish magazine (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Could be interesting, we had a wander round here a few weeks ago, I wondered if funsters would like it (plenty of refreshment stops). If you're nosey like me it's a lovely village and you get to see peoples houses and gardens:whistle::LOL:(y) gets very busy.

And a campsite within walking distance ( sure I've seen a rally up there too)
Dovesite

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I never knew CS Lewis wrote tales about Alice & The Mad Hatter. If I hadn't clicked that link I'd have still been labouring under the misapprehension it was some other bloke ........

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is a good idea. A list of food festivals for example would be a good starting point. Local to me is the Dartmouth Food Festival on 24th October 2015 although places to stay in a MH around Dartmouth are not thick on the ground so this is probably not a good first suggestion! Padstow also had a food festival this year although I am struggling on the net to find the dates for 2015 but there are a couple of sites within walking distance of Padstow so this might be a better suggestion - if we can find out when the festival is in 2015. I did try to book a site this year when the festival was on and it was full so booking early would be important.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There is a booklet published every couple of months that covers The Scottish Borders. I will try to make sure I get a copy when it's published and post the details.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi Fidget, I've put a sample into Events as a trial:), what do you think?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks for that Movan; but actually it wasn't the Sixties Soul event I meant. I think Fidget was suggesting a sort of "what's on" that people might want to include in their travels, & I'd suggested putting them in the calendar ("Events" tab on the top bar between Blogs & Subscribe) - so I've put one in to see if it works. As it's just a "what's on" & not anything organised, I don't think there's any insurance implication - I hope?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for that Movan; but actually it wasn't the Sixties Soul event I meant. I think Fidget was suggesting a sort of "what's on" that people might want to include in their travels, & I'd suggested putting them in the calendar ("Events" tab on the top bar between Blogs & Subscribe) - so I've put one in to see if it works. As it's just a "what's on" & not anything organised, I don't think there's any insurance implication - I hope?
Ooops sorry, I thought you meant we might be able to all arrange to meet up at any that sound as though a few of us were interested in..... I'll go back to my cocoa... :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yup. It sends you to sleep though.. :) I've just invited Carol round for some too........

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
1st time I've seen the events section:blush:
Think it's a good idea and how you'd set the entry up with additional camping info was great.:)(y)

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Fidget, I've put a sample into Events as a trial:), what do you think?
That's great CWH just the sort of thing I had in mind , if a few more came up with some suggestions it t hopefully would gather momentum, I will have to try putting something in that section .
Thanks Terry

Found this, does it help :)
Broken Link Removed
thanks PP Bear , not exactly what I actually meant , more like events FREE around the country that funsters could add to there itinery when on hols, rather than organized specific m/h events. Although that list would be great if added to the events calendar.
Thanks Terry

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
we might be able to all arrange to meet up at any that sound as though a few of us were interested in
I'm sure that's possible too!!! The "add an event" tab has an option for "starting a thread" so if whoever posts the event was interested in an informal group, the mechanics for getting it going are there.
The world is our
animal-graphics-oyster-272673.gif

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I think that would be a great idea as you say not rallies as such, just a calender of events. How many times do you think to yourself if I knew that was on I would have gone there. They do not have to free events

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
So, what about the great free events suggestions made in this thread - could the 'suggestors' add them to 'Events'???
The recent Shell Island thread could fit in here as well I would think.
Jim Our Ringleader - is this OK? Is it a legitimate use of 'Events' diary?

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Colyford East Devon, September 2015. Village "goose fare". Local tram stops at Colyford on way from Seaton to Colyton. "5 site" in Colyton. Could be used for larger gathering if enough interested. Colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back