• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Free - Empty Gas Bottles - various (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
I have (All empty):

Qty2 47kg Orange (propane) Calor gas bottles

Qty2 15kg 1 Blue (Butane) Calor 1 Grey Maxigas (Screw fitting)

Qty2 7kg Blue (Butane) Calor

I am Bude area EX22, let me know if interested, seems a shame to take to the tip when they might be useful to someone rather than pay a deposit

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Last time I looked ours did, but that was a while ago. Or they can just stay at the back of my barn.

Was going to turn the big ones into a smokers but just haven't had time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
They sell for £10 each on facebook as its cheaper than paying the high deposit. Plus there has been a shortage of small cylinders particularly. Just sold 4 or 5 myself, people were queued as I had so many pm's I sold them in the order I received pm's and those that were not likely to mess about

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
They sell for £10 each on facebook as its cheaper than paying the high deposit. Plus there has been a shortage of small cylinders particularly. Just sold 4 or 5 myself, people were queued as I had so many pm's I sold them in the order I received pm's and those that were not likely to mess about
Not on faffbook, avoided it so far.

Would rather someone here has them

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Semi-newbie to motorhomes
Ah I would love a couple but unfortunately I'm other side of the country

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Where at?, I'm on the Suffolk/Essex border and have a few knocking about.

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
That's a bit closer, but I'm over in Bucks. Well if I do find myself over that way I'll look you up and see if you still have them. Cheers for the heads up :)

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Why can there be a preference for one type over another? Don't they all do the same thing? I'm new to this

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Why can there be a preference for one type over another? Don't they all do the same thing? I'm new to this
Basically it is down to the size you need to fit your van. The next complication is that calor charge very high deposits and you can only exchange cylinders in the same deposit band at refill time. 3.9kg and 6kg propane, and 4.5kg and 7kg butane are all on the same deposit tarrif. So you can exchange a 3.9kg propane for any of the other 3 etc. 15kg cylinders as used in those heaters you see in some halls are at another deposit tarrif and so are 47kg cylinders which get used by static caravans

The bottom line though is calor try to trap you into their extortionate prices

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi looking for a 4.5kg blue calor butane cylinder, can you help, am in bury st Edmunds.
Thanks
Joe

Sorry I can't, I only use propane. But I'll have a nosey around the yard and see if there is anything about to suit your needs.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No

As TheBig1 says it just depends what fits, and butane could/will freeze if you plan on using the van through the winter.

willsd

Free Member
Aug 10, 2018
Funster No
Hi Why not return them to a calor centre and get £10 a bottle. You don't need the original receipt.

Good luck
Will

willsd

Free Member
Aug 10, 2018
Funster No
Have an unwanted gas bottle stored in the corner of your shed?
Time to free up some space and send it our way

It's simple really. Return your gas bottle(s) to one of our Calor Centres and, if you have your Cylinder Refill Agreement, you could get up to 70% of your original Refill Agreement charge. If you've misplaced your paperwork, don't fret. We'll give you £7.50, even if you can't work out where you've put it.** To find your nearest Calor Centre, simply use our handy retailer finder tool and apply the 'Calor Centre' filter.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Where does it say this?

Here, under the red header. Most folk probably don't use five bottles a year, but full timing through the winter I can use 1 bottle every 4-6 weeks, so I tend to give them away or they go on eBay.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Sorry, link didn't work as I expected it to.

IMG_1950.PNG

willsd

Free Member
Aug 10, 2018
Funster No
Sorry, link didn't work as I expected it to.

View attachment 389557
5 bottles per year! Why do you return 5 bottles with no receipts/invoices per year rather than exchange them?

The original poster hasn't said that he has tried to return them, so perhaps he can get at least £7.50 times 5 i.e. £37.50. Rather than tipping them. Don't you agree?

willsd

Free Member
Aug 10, 2018
Funster No
5 bottles per year! Why do you return 5 bottles with no receipts/invoices per year rather than exchange them?

The original poster hasn't said that he has tried to return them, so perhaps he can get at least £7.50 times 5 i.e. £37.50. Rather than tipping them. Don't you agree?
PS why do they then go to Ebay? Who determines that?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No

I tell you the truth, I buy my bottles from a bloke who fills them himself (Cue the gas police) and I don't go his way very often so I end up with loads of them, so Calor get five back, the rest get taken back to where I get them filled, or they go on ebay I don't have the room to store loads of empty bottles.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry I can't, I only use propane. But I'll have a nosey around the yard and see if there is anything about to suit your needs.
Thanks, just let me know if you have one, please pm with your location.
Joe

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Basically it is down to the size you need to fit your van. The next complication is that calor charge very high deposits and you can only exchange cylinders in the same deposit band at refill time. 3.9kg and 6kg propane, and 4.5kg and 7kg butane are all on the same deposit tarrif. So you can exchange a 3.9kg propane for any of the other 3 etc. 15kg cylinders as used in those heaters you see in some halls are at another deposit tarrif and so are 47kg cylinders which get used by static caravans

The bottom line though is calor try to trap you into their extortionate prices
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Am I right however in thinking that calor is much more prevalent and anywhere selling gas sells calor but not necessarily the other types?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Am I right however in thinking that calor is much more prevalent and anywhere selling gas sells calor but not necessarily the other types?
calor is the dominant force in bottled LPG in the uk. They have a pretty good stranglehold, but there are other options, like flogas who deliver to most uk addresses

not ALL LPG stockists are calor agents

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back