LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The system requirements of: Requires 8GB of RAM and a 64-bit operating system, Windows 7 or higher, or Mac OS X 10.7 or higher are beyond my machine ... although I could download it and try when I upgrade at some stage ....

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Am I missing something? I can only see a 30 day trial which Iā€™m already on with Adobe Lightroom (which seems a little flaky on my Mac)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Am I missing something? I can only see a 30 day trial which Iā€™m already on with Adobe Lightroom (which seems a little flaky on my Mac)
If your referring to the first post it was 2014. :)

If you are still after a free photoediting program have a look at GIMP. It has a lot of features and gets very good reviews. For something simpler try Ashampoo Photo Optimizer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Or this one, John. It's portable so if on a USB stick you can move it around hardware.
Gellyneck-photodemon looks interesting. I've looked at your embedded link but can't see whether there are any instructions. It looks very complex. How is it to use?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Gellyneck-photodemon looks interesting. I've looked at your embedded link but can't see whether there are any instructions. It looks very complex. How is it to use?
Just started dabbling with it but it reminds me of Corel PaintShop Pro that I used years ago so pretty familiar for me.
Haven't found a user manual for it yet.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I dabbled with Paintshop 10 years ago. Also Lightroom. Both really complex and resource hungry. Thanks for the feedback. May well have a go.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I got a free Adobe Elements disc when I bought my Leicas about 15 years ago. It is really good on the basic stuff I could fathom but virtually impossible for me to follow on things like layering etc. I stopped using it along with Paintshop Pro. They're sitting on a shelf gathering dust.
Trouble is my cameras (latest a Sony mirrorless) make such large files in RAW format, a lot of the free suites don't handle the files so you're left with pro/semi-pro software suites that can handle RAW files but are oh so much more complex. šŸ˜

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Just be aware people that if you take out an Adobe "free one month trial" that you need to cancel within 7 days.....

I just tried to cancel my trial which was due to end on the 11th and they told me the cancellation cost was Ā£54... A quick online chat with somebody at Adobe got me an offer of an extra 3 months gratis on the one year package which made it Ā£6.66 per month but as I don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes (or not reading the small print) I told them I'd take the extra 3 months but also tell everybody I know on social media about this.... They then waived the fee and cancelled my subscription

I like Lightroom but can't justify the full Ā£9.98 a month for it... I might regret not accepting the extra 3 months gratis and using it for a year but the camera isn't getting used anywhere near enough during lockdown so I'll have to take JPEGs and use my free IOS editing capability for now

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I got a free Adobe Elements disc when I bought my Leicas about 15 years ago. It is really good on the basic stuff I could fathom but virtually impossible for me to follow on things like layering etc. I stopped using it along with Paintshop Pro. They're sitting on a shelf gathering dust.
Trouble is my cameras (latest a Sony mirrorless) make such large files in RAW format, a lot of the free suites don't handle the files so you're left with pro/semi-pro software suites that can handle RAW files but are oh so much more complex. šŸ˜
Lightroom is easy to use compared to Photoshop if you donā€™t want to do lots of changes. The presets can cut if lot of the work out.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
What post processing software did your Sony come with?
Canon comes with Digital Photo Professional & works really well for my PP needs. Inc. raw to JPEG

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
What post processing software did your Sony come with?
Canon comes with Digital Photo Professional & works really well for my PP needs. Inc. raw to JPEG
I got no processing software with my Sony! Elements with my Leicas but nowt with the Sony.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back