Free air flowing filter to fit before air intake of diesel heater (1 Viewer)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
After a constructive comment on another thread about how dusty ducting gets in the van ,I thought whilst doing a new install on our home build thought it a good idea to install some form of filter. The simplest i can think of is the type of fibre cloth on the cheap type of kitchen extractors use or a clump of the plastic fibre insulation.
Question is has any one seen anything suitable or done simular and is there something more ideal
Thanks in advance

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I would be wary of anything that might break up including fibre insulation.

The cooker hood filter sounds an option, I would however be worried that the heater isn’t designed for it and you might overheat it. They are calibrated to use a certain airflow and any restriction may well make it burn hotter than intended. It might protect the ducting and make your heater last weeks instead.

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I think i might have been a bit premature about the idea, Probably a good reason why theres nothing specific on the market

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It’s not a bad idea, I suppose my view would be that the tumble dryer ducting in my house has just been removed after 10 years. That will be dustier and moist so will trap more dust. It still worked fine and was surprisingly clean after 10 years. Ditto for the ducting I just replaced in the motorhome after my stupid dog chewed through it. 😢

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I have seen a few users using these on a diesel heater forum.

Screenshot_20230213-215748.png

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I have seen a few users using these on a diesel heater forum.

View attachment 716366
I have used a much smaller one of those on the under van water tanks breather. And i sucked and blew through it and it was very free flowing.
but I think for now i am not going to fit anything on reflection the pipe runs on the PVC are so short long term if needed i can clean them or replace. It could encourage the chances of a fire in the future if maintenace gets forgotten

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back